So, That was My first Law School Final

Good luck, everyone. I had my last final of my first semester today – Property. And I didn’t have the dream where I slept through my final; instead, I had the dream where I woke up at 8:30 and the exam started at 9:00 AM. And I’m a half hour drive from school. Except, um, it wasn’t a dream. It was this morning, actual world.

[QUOTE=Spavined Gelding]
It has been almost 40 years since they released me on an unsuspecting populace and I still have that dream. Also the final exam in the course where you never attended the lectures or did the reading. Cold sweat at Three O’clock in the morning. There are fears you never escape.

Good luck to all!
[/QUOTE]

20 years for me. Yup, still have it.

[QUOTE=Jodi]
As a former law student with vivid memories, let me just say, with all due sympathy and respect –

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Better you than me! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Heh.

[QUOTE=Heffalump and Roo]
Oooh! That was cruel! If they didn’t before, now they will.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty much inevitable, even if I had stayed quiet.

[QUOTE=Hello Again]
I got to cite Leonard v. Pepsico*, and who doesn’t love that?
[/QUOTE]

Leonard v. Pepsico? Damn whippersnapper. I remember when all we had was Carlill v. Carbolic Smoke Ball Co., and were were damn glad to have that.

Geez!! I thought I was the only one. I’m not sure if I’m comforted or horrified by learning this. I thought they would go away once I got my life together. Evidently not. Sigh.

[QUOTE=Spavined Gelding]
Also the final exam in the course where you never attended the lectures or did the reading.
[/QUOTE]

I have this dream at least once every 6 months. Lately it’s been the class that I was originally signed up, but transferred out of, only to find out the transfer never took and I had an exam in a couple of hours and no idea where to find the textbook. Law school was fun.

[QUOTE=Random]
Have you had the “Oh no, I slept through my law school final!” dream yet?
[/QUOTE]

No, but a member of my study group had a dream in which some celebrity, (I forget who, but a famous ditz along the lines of Paris Hilton) was dressed as a judge and lecturing him on Contracts. And when he woke up he was like, “damn that was a good review.” LOL.

[QUOTE=spoke-]
Leonard v. Pepsico? Damn whippersnapper. I remember when all we had was Carlill v. Carbolic Smoke Ball Co., and were were damn glad to have that.
[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, the (in)famous Smoke Ball earned only a passing mention in some other case (Lefkowitz, maybe? It doesn’t seem appropriate, but who knows) and some elaboration by our mildly batty prof. It’s probably just as well–I’m allergic to the English cases. Wagon Mound, Hadley v. Baxendale, the mule case on last clear chance, the flooding mineshaft strict liability case–they could all be collected in a book on how not to do legal writing, so far as I’m concerned.