So this happened. . .

We’re all approaching my exit on the interstate today. Traffic is backed up a little but not too much. It’s still rolling at maybe 25. I’ve seen WAY worse.

But, still some doofus who thinks she doesn’t have to wait with the rest of us pulls into the breakdown lane and goes speeding by 20 cars to get into the exit.

There’s a cop in the middle lane. He pulls through my lane and pulls her over on the exit ramp.

I know. . .I shouldn’t take pleasure in it. I’m human.

Go ahead Trunk take pleasure. The doofus got her just desserts and they weren’t sweet. I took a little pleasure in something similar yesterday afternoon. This was at a major intersection I go through on my way to and from work. Big sign says, “No Right Turn On Red” still people turn right on red, sometimes almost causing (or causing) wrecks with cars turning left from the opposite direction. There’s a fairly long left turn signal cause, like I said, busy intersection, lots of cars. Anyways, there’s a cop right there and on come the blue lights. I smiled and waved at the asshat who got stopped as I went by. It felt good! :smiley:

Ah, yes. Good old schadenfreude – taking delight in the misfortune of others.
Gotta love it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Driving through a reduced speed zone (it went from 50-35-50) in a small town on a Friday afternoon heading for the north-woods. Two lane road (one in each direction) in a no passing zone. There was a line of about 20 cars. I was somewhere in the middle. As soon as the speed limit increased back up to 50 again a gal in the back of the line tried to time her accelerating as to pass the entire train of cars before they all got up to speed again. As she’s passing the entire group of cars in the left (no passing) lane I see her tap her break when she gets near the front of the group. Turns out there was a cop near the front of the group and she saw him too late. There was nothing she could do except continue on with her illegal manuever until she got to the front of the line. She got pulled over about a mile later. The cop let her sweat it out for a couple of minutes before he went after her. I quietly applauded.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Sounds like an example of instant Karma. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am always embarrassingly pleased when I see someone pulled over for the illegal move I considered, but didn’t do because it’s illegal.

It’s one of the occasional perks of being a law-abiding citizen. I say revel in your pleasure, Trunk–you’re the better person, anyway. :slight_smile:

Unless they are being a dumbass and putting people’s lives in danger, I usually give other drivers the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps she had some kind of emergency brewing… not life or death maybe, but something… maybe she was feeling sick… <shrug>…