So Warren has Native American ancestry, 8 generations ago. Is she a minority?

What difference does it make? She didn’t build that.

Thanks for acknowledging that what Trump said was pure bullshitting.

Now, Trump can weasel out of it by saying that was only valid if it was in the context of a debate. But an honest person would acknowledge that he was making a bet.

It does exist, because Donald Trump already personally set the precedent for believing that such a “hypothetical deal” was binding when he sued Bill Maher for not making good on his deal to give $5 million to a Trump chosen charity if he proved that he wasn’t the offspring of a human woman and an orangutan.

From that, we can conclude that Trump considered such an offer to be binding when he made it, even if the court was prepared to laugh at him because it was clearly offered in jest, which Trump’s clearly was not.

Elizabeth Warren does not claim to be a minority of a member of a NA tribe. Nobody is claiming she is a minority. She only claims that she has NA ancestry, which the DNA test supports. She only took it to shut down Trump’s gum-flapping idiocy.

This kind of DNA is not an exact science. Mine only showed my relationship with my father was “paternal, within 1 to 4 generations”. Surprisingly few non-Latino Americans have any Native heritage at all, contrary to what they may think.

Anybody with half a brain knew Trump wasn’t making a bet for a million dollars. We all know the man is far too broke to assemble that kind of money until his next Helsinki trip.

Nothing to see here!

President Trash gets played yet again. You think he would have learned his lesson when the mob stole his lunch money in Atlantic City and sent him running back to Daddy for more.

Frankly, I am pretty suspicious of such tests. Seems to be mostly arbitrary.
Love to see Trump payup. Please make Warren choose Christine Blasey Fords GoFundMe!

Build what?

(I’m familiar with the phrase “You didn’t build that,” I just don’t understand how that is relevant to this thread.)

Those are 2 phrases Republicans took WAY out of context in order to use as weapons. My post was in reponse to:

So now I’ve explained it and ruined the whole thing!

No, an honest person wouldn’t pretend that was an actual bet.

ETA: in the words of our friend and colleague:

Again, Donald Trump sued Maher because he took a similar statement as an actual bet indicating that he takes such things as actual bets. Unless you’re insinuating he’s a liar or something I think we should take him at his word.

Was your take on that incident that Maher totally made a bet and should pay up? Was that the judge’s take? Assuming the answer to both of those questions is “no”, why should that be the interpretation now?

Why would my take or a judge’s take or your take or anyone’s take other than Trump’s matter?

Donald Trump’s take matters because we know that he believes that such challenges are binding. He showed that when he sued Maher. Since we know that he takes such bets as binding, then we know that when he similarly challenged Warren that he meant it. Again, unless you think his suing Maher was disingenuous, but that couldn’t be true, right?

Cherokee Nation responds to Senator Warren’s DNA test

Apparently they’ve got no use for her either.

Who gives a crap? She’s not claiming any tribal membership so while it’s nice that news organizations might actual take the Cherokee Nations phone calls for next week or so, their statement is entirely irrelevant. I’m sure the Germans aren’t happy about Trump’s dad coming from there but that’s too bad.

Let’s just say that your willingness to accept Trump’s opinion on a matter at face value is entirely situational. I’m making that clear to our dear readers, with a big assist from you.

Our despicable president has been calling her Pocahontas. Do you know if they have any thoughts about that?

We’re still fighting a 17-year-old war.

Glad to see America is debating the important things.

So you’re saying you believe him to be a liar?

No, I’m saying I believe you to be a thru-and-thru partisan.

He did apologize to the actual Pocahontas …