So, what made you smile today?

My girlfriend has those little suction-cup hangers all over the shower. Every now and then, one will dry out and fall off, and I’ll reach for my shotgun. Even the dogs are so used to it that they’re like Dude, chill!

Today, I watched an orange tabby playing Tiger In The Grass in my back yard. I don’t know what the cat’s name is but in my head it’s Charlie

This baby dog (and his adorable fat little siblings) was born:

Welcome to the world, little ones!

I love the little heart on his back. :heart:

A bizarre encounter at lunch, for reference I’m considered a smart kid at my high school, and today me and some others were messing around, throwing pretzels at each other, and one kid through a bag of them so hard at my friend that exploded, sending pretzels everywhere. Upon this comical occurence somebody angrily yells “Do you not know what kinetic energy is?” and he goes “No I don’t” so this girl proceeds to throw a slice of cheese at him, it hits him in the face, and she angrily goes “Thats kinetic energy, CUNT”. It was fantastic.

My 6th grader had his first ‘real’ (as in, not playing Three Blind Mice) band concert this evening. I was quite impressed. They obviously have a great band program; the 6th graders did not sound like 6th graders, the 7th graders didn’t sound like 7th graders, and the 8th graders certainly didn’t sound like 8th graders.

He’s a percussionist, and of course in 6th grade there are too many parts for the number of drummers, so sometimes they second a part on a practice pad. It was pretty cool to see him walk in carrying my practice pad that took me from late high school through college and drum corps. :smiley:

Deleted

:neutral_face: Sigh.

What made me smile? The thought that it was time to get some tomatoes and some peppers for my backyard garden. The land is awakening, and it’s time to get growing.

Watching a rabbit on my front porch hoovering up some of the bird seed spilled from the bird feeder (they’re terribly messy eaters!).

Today I saw John Lewis on a history program on PBS, and I remembered him crowd surfing on the Colbert Report and it made me smile :slightly_smiling_face:

So the Beloved is out of town today. It’s kinda awesome, really. She gets paid “portal to portal” to do an interpreting job–that’s 4 hours there, 2 hours on the job, and 4 hours back–at her weekend rate, which is like $90 an hour.

But that gives me a day off. So I’m having a guy day, sitting around in my underwear, drinking booze, and fixing stuff around the house. No power tools, though, I’ve sworn that much to myself, at least.

Oh, and I’m eating hot dogs for every meal.

ETA: And there has been quite a lot of that “drinking booze” part. Always fun.

Details, please. How are you fixing them? What kind of buns? Toppings? Accompaniments? What is your preferred hot dog brand? (I’m partial to Hebrew National bun-length, myself.)

Hot dog, microwaved. Wheat bread with mayo and a triangular half-slice of cheese. Gulp it down, three at a time.

The Beloved is in another state. Pretend you’re 12 again.

:slight_smile:

Yum. But I want mine on a bun with chili, cheese, mustard, and onions. :hotdog:

Ohhhh… we’ve got chili. S’what we had for dinner last night.

Damned if I didn’t forget the leftovers. Thanks!

ETA: And thanks for the fun. It’s good to laugh at just nothing now and again.

Hotdog time!

With chili!

When I opened the onion drawer to start making spaghetti sauce for lunch, my 3 month old puppy reached in, grabbed an onion, and ran off with it. He was playing with it like a ball all over the kitchen floor. Puppies are fun.

Fun! But I’m glad you got it away from him.