So, what made you smile today?

Also today: stole my garden clog. Stole the packaging out of the box I was unpacking. Stole a sealed plastic bag with an iron wall hook inside, Stole my garden knife in its holster. Grabbed the broom while I was sweeping and wouldn’t let go. Faced down a pair of curious goats and made them back off. Went to the post office and mugged the postmaster (he asked for it) and the police chief (who could defend himself). He loves the post office. And the day is far from over. He’s a good dog.

See, he’s doing you a favor. He’s going to sell those items for you on eBay and then present you with a great big fat check, right?

He is an awesome dog!

Have you seen Ryker? The service dog training school flunkee has a whole bunch of videos.

I LOVE this dog.

Well, when I see one dirty garden clog for sale on ebay, I’ll know it’s him.

I love this video! Ryker is saying, “Hooman, everybody knows that yellow tennis balls are dog toys! Get a clue!”

So, shoveling snow today, took the dogs out. My one dog Jax (65lb mix of Boarder Collie and Pointer) came to me and said this is stupid, let’s go back inside.

Made me smile, and I agreed with him.

At the coffee shop around the corner from my new house someone had tied up their pets while they got a cup of coffee: one dog and one goat.

The lupines which have naturalized here along our stream are beginning to bloom.
The swallows have built two nests in the barn and are setting on eggs.
My puppy, pretty much everything.

There’s a failed service dog (and owner) just started on our allotments. She (the dog) knows me now, and whenever she sees me she charges up and jumps on me, then rolls over to be tickled and scratched. She never would have made it as a service dog.

j

I’m not a big race fan, this year’s Indy 500 had a finish like I’ve never seen before!

I went to the landfill today to toss the recycs and the trash and was waiting in the line to dump the garbage when one of the workers came walking by with a 50" TV box on his head (and hanging off the back). I thought the top off my head would roll off, I was smiling so wide. I had the car windows down and when he saw me, I called out, Look at me, I’m a TV! He came closer to hear better and I said, That would make a good Hallowe’en costume! and we both broke up. He said, It’s keeping my head cool 'til I get back to the recyc station. Good man, says I, and we parted ways – the TV and I. :laughing:

I rescued a turtle that was crossing a busy road. I stopped traffic, picked up the turtle, and deposited on the side it was trying to get to.

Here in Charlottesville, we have a chicken place called Raising Cane’s that is so ridiculously popular that the line of cars regularly spills out onto the road (which, as it happens, is one of the city’s main roads). It’s easy for someone not actually on their way to the restaurant to get trapped in that lane to the far right, helpless until traffic lets up or somebody in the next lane over slows down and creates a space. Anyway, I was the guy slowing down to create a space, and the driver rewarded me with a thank-you wave. God, I love those waves. It’s such a nothing thing to do, but I just dig the hell out of them.

Love their sauce.

A new dog at the dog park. Her owner said this girl was very shy and the owner wasn’t sure if she was ready. She’d approach dogs like she wanted to be their friend and bounce around, but also submit, roll on her back. She came for a pet, then darted off, overwhelmed by the stimuli. A totally sweet spirit.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I rescued a turtle that way only to have the little fink turn tail and head back the way it came.

Thank you! We had a turtle trying to cross the racetrack today. The people at the flag station asked what to do and those are the instructions I gave. We were counting down to a race start and we delayed it just enough to be sure everyone was safely off the track.

There are probably more recent similar threads, but I found this one first.

The duck is having the time of his life:

The sun came out.

True, it came with a howling cold wind, so I’m going to admire sunshine mostly from the inside side of the windows; and also true that it may not last long; but we’ve been so gray lately that I’m glad just to see it.