So, what made you smile today?

My cat seemingly for the hundredth time discovers and attacks his own tail. He’s nine, you’d think the novelty would have worn off. But I rewatch movies, so what do I know?

Gotta love a duck.

You know what you have to do to change your luck.

Careful with them fricatives.

We were bar hoping today in Phillipsburg, the capital of the Dutch side (Sint Maarten). One bar we stopped at was Dirty Sanchez. My gf asked me if I knew what the name meant. I told her to search Urban Dictionary.

She searched. Then she slapped me. She had no idea. I smiled.

You are a bad man. Tell her to slap you again for me.

Did you get a wish sandwich ?

And now I’m smiling!

Having also so searched: did you drink or eat anything at that bar?

Excellent point. Bottled beer, no food. Ate lunch at Big Bastard’s and a snack at The Blue Bitch Beach Bar.

Does every joint have dirty words in their name?

No! We just intentionally bar hopped the ones that do. We rarely spend time in Phillipsburg (it’s where the cruise ships dock).

We usually go to places like Cafe Rembrandt (on Van Gogh street) a hard core Dutch bar where little English is spoken, but they’re closed Sundays.

Tonight we dined at Yvette’s restaurant, a small place (really the game room of the family’s home) where tourists are outnumbered by locals 10 to 1. Years ago Gourmet Magazine wrote an article about it.

Oh. Good. Sounds like you’re having the best time.
I envy you guys.

So I found myself on PBS by accident yesterday, just as a Neil Diamond concert was starting. It was from 1976 in Australia. Even though it was a fund raiser, I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. I remember liking his music back in the day and it brought a smile to my face to enjoy it again.

Saw a booby this morning. Made me smile. A bird, not the other.

Kathleen Madigan talks about PBS and John Denver:

That’s funny. I would not have listened if they’d cut into the middle of a song. Thank gawd they didn’t.

I liked John Denver too.

We were playing with Wee Weasel’s little engineering set and My husband made me a slug.

(I have strange tastes.)

Does laughing at your own stupidity count?

On Monday we were having coffee with friends in a National Trust coffee room, a great big barn of a place. On the opposite side of the room I noticed a woman, mid thirties maybe, wearing a sweater which (I later realized) had the word SMILE emblazoned in big letters across the front of it. Except that she wasn’t fully facing me so, initially, I couldn’t see the S. And her elbow was crooked, so I couldn’t see the bottom of the E. Goodness, I thought. That takes some confidence. Well done!

Yeah. I do try to laugh at my own stupidity.

j

That’s hilarious.

It reminds me of the time I saw a box labeled “Fancy Ass Cookies”

Once I got around the sign blocking my view I could see it said Assorted. Fancy Assorted Cookies.