So what shortages are you personally seeing?

The one at my local supermarket is, except when it’s full or out of order. In short, you should check the machines near you.

Soft drinks seem to be the main place I see shortages- the makers have consolidated their product lines, so while the retailers have a lot of stuff in their online ordering apps, most of it is not actually in stock.

Otherwise, everything seems to be in reasonable supply… somewhere. That’s the catch- while it used to be that I could go to Wal-Mart, Kroger or literally ANY grocery store and be confident that I could buy a brisket, or a rack of ribs, or have my choice of ribeye or strip steaks, now it’s a bit more spotty- one place may have one, while the others may have another. It’s just dependent on the inventory of each individual store now.

I’ve heard the same thing- dishwashers in particular and appliances in general. I wonder if they’re experiencing heavier duty cycles than they would otherwise have, with all the kids and parents at home for months on end not eating out much.

I know our dish load has been considerably higher than it usually was, since now we’re washing 3 meals a day of actual dishes, as opposed to mostly dinner dishes and maybe a little bit of breakfast.

Coinstars have been running, though we just pulled ours out of the store because we are remodeling the front end and have no where to put it anymore.

Heh. When I don’t have my bucket of coins with me I forget to check, and I’d hate to haul the bucket in and find the machine not running. :confused:

Perhaps leave the bucket of coins in the back of the car?

Edited to add, perhaps the Coinstar website has a feature that will let you know where the nearest available machine is?

Great idea, except my car is a Jeep Wrangler with the backseat gone so my dogs fit. The bucket would spill. The front passenger area is modified for my bird. I drive a single occupant vehicle. Yeah, I’ll take my bucket in after work.

#FirstWorldProblems

ETA: Yes! Website says yes.

You could just take your coins to the bank. Yes, you’ll probably have to put them into rolls, but Coinstar doesn’t take a cut.

Think about how much you’re paying yourself per hour to roll up a bucket of coins.

I’ve only done drive-through banking since the beginning of the pandemic and they do not allow coins.

Yep. I have no problem giving CoinStar their cut.

I’ve gotten 100% of the money from the Coinstar machine by taking an Amazon gift code in exchange, and there’s always something I need to buy from there. I’ve even heard of promotions that give more than 100% in gift cards. Of course you need to spend the money, not just forget about the gift code.

In a first, broccoli crowns were not just out today, they were completely unstocked.

Store-bought eggnog wasn’t stocked until after New Year’s. I’m working my way through it now so it doesn’t go to waste.

Certain soda brands and packages are canceled. There’s a sign that says there’s an aluminum can shortage right now.

You bought enough eggnog after New Years to have to “work your way through it”? :face_vomiting:

Don’t know if it’s the pandemic or Christmas, but I can’t find Press n Seal

That is indeed the catch. Even in the best of times there’s a limit to how much time and gas (or even attempted mail orders that may or may not show up) I’m going to put into going from store to store trying to find any specific item. Right now I’m not even travelling to some places that I’d ordinarily hit every month or two, because every additional stop increases my risk of exposure.

Agree, but my change is as paying for MMJ, which is cash only. Converted bucket of coins to $422 and spent it on Devil’s Lettuce. Big xmas discount gave me 25% off !!!

The main branch of my credit union has a coin sorting machine in the lobby. There’s no charge if you have an account.

But that’s on top of what you’re already earning, so it’s a raise in salary.

Heh. One of my nephews keeps track of the time he spends pooping at work. He purposely has regulated his bowels to need emptying on the company clock. If he has to go before leaving the house, he holds it until arriving at work.

In 2020 he was paid around one thousand dollars (pretax) to poop.

Wow. You certainly lead an interesting life.

:wink: