So what shortages are you personally seeing?

I FINALLY have a white dishwasher. Its fabulous, wonderful, awesome and sorely needed. Yeah, I’m spoiled and have suffered much in the last few months.

Enjoy. You deserve it! :plate_with_cutlery::bowl_with_spoon::fork_and_knife::spoon: :plate_with_cutlery::bowl_with_spoon::fork_and_knife::spoon:

Problems with store-brand diet soda at Foodsco (their store-brand is Kroger). Name brand can be had, but seems more limited than non-diet (this is a problem for my resident diabetic).

LOL. There’s a virus about! Must stock up on toilet bowl cleaner!

Wife made lasagna with sliced potatoes several times including for the kids at school when she worked there. It was a hit.

Laptop computers, apparently. I ordered a Lenovo with a couple of customizations to it. Normally it would take a couple of weeks to receive. Looks like I’ll be waiting until May for this one!

Still lots of empty spots on grocery store shelves around here. Haven’t been able to find wax paper for a long time. The bags of cheap frozen burritos are often missing. Saw some Bounty paper towels yesterday, but only in huge packages so I passed.

Hope this isn’t a trend but yesterday there a lot of bare spots in the coffee aisle – no Folgers Instant to be found. I had stocked up on it when the first round of hoarding started and have been gradually using up my hoarded supply … now think I’m gonna reload when possible.

16 ounce bottles of Diet Sprite are still hard to come by, though we actually got some with the latest grocery order.

Appliances are still iffy. We need a new cooktop - the ceramic coil electric, of the “nobody makes them anymore” sort is now down to 2 working burners, and I want an induction one. The one I wanted is not in stock at Best Buy or anywhere else. I think BB claims it’ll be available in early March. I actually ordered one direct from GE Appliances around January 1, and no update on when it’ll ship. I’ll have to find someone to help install it; dunno if BB has changed their song, but when I was looking there a couple months back they said they were not offering installation at the moment.

Bidet toilet seats seem to be plentiful though! The prices, which were soaring last spring due to the ZOMGNOTOILETPAPER panic, dropped back down at about the time we decided to, er, take the plunge; the second one we bought was 10 bucks less than its identical twin from a month earlier. We just sprung for a shmancy heated one last week, when Amazon’s “Treasure Truck” had one for 30% off.

For all of you missing Grapenuts:

From the NYTimes, Feb. 12th.

In France, all-in-one printer/scanners were sold out for the month of December. I visited multiple stores had only 20-30 display models left and ended up ordering what I needed from the Czech Republic. There is a lot of paperwork and requests for copies of ID in France and a lot of it gets scanned, and the printers are needed to print “attestations” justifying why you are on the street after the 6pm nationwide curfew.

Diet soft drinks are a problem in my area.

Apparently there’s a chip shortage that is impacting automakers and graphics card enthusiasts now. Since the shortage is being blamed on the rush to buy laptops and tablets during last year’s shutdown, that’s probably what’s affecting your ability to buy a custom laptop now.

I bet you are right, since my laptop is considered a low-level gaming computer - I don’t game, but I do some video work at times and thus need some capability and speed in that department. I just checked on the latest shipment news and it seems my order is now due to arrive in March, so that’s an improvement over original estimates.

Robax- tablets. The Robax- tablets are for backache with aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen, plus a muscle relaxant, available OTC in Canada (but not the US, because of the muscle relaxant, last time I tried to buy some there).

Of the three types, only the acetaminophen version is available, not the aspirin or ibuprofen versions. Have been unavailable for a month or more.

My back hurts, but I don’t like acetaminophen…

Adams No-Stir Crunchy Peanut Butter. Haven’t been able to get it since last March.

Just a few Little Frisky sized cat food cans, the same size as a can of tuna. Usually there are plenty.

I’ve been doing fine on cat needs, including her Friskies Pate canned food, at either Walmart or Amazon.

China experienced significant delays in transportation due to a resurgence of covid in places like Shanghai. I would expect the same to be true with production.

I finally found some quarts of 91% isopropyl alcohol at Walmart. Bought 2 of them. That should replenish my stock for awhile.

And on an unrelated note I was surprised how friendly and well masked everybody in the store was. Might have had something to do with the skunky smell that wafted from a great number of shoppers. Even in the parking lot the cars driving around had a distinct Cheech and Chong essence about them. That’s where the Girl Scouts should be selling cookies.

I remember seeing an article about some Girl Scouts who actually did set up a cookie-selling table outside a legal marijuana dispensary.