So what shortages are you personally seeing?

Wow – I didn’t realize egg prices varied so much in the U.S. I figured they’d be expensive in big cities and in places to where eggs had to be trucked long distances.

But around here in SE Louisiana … groceries are quite cheap in general. Yet our egg prices are roughly double to triple the prices you quoted.

Composite decking material. We need some Trex to redo our back deck. We picked out two colors we liked - one is from their mid-grade line and the other is from their top grade. The mid-grade isn’t available to ship for 4-5 months. The top grade could ship in 6-8 weeks.

Oddly, pumpkin seeds are not in my regular grocery store anymore. I like to munch on them while working. No biggy, and I’m certainly not going to try to hunt them down. Perhaps with so many working from home, they get bought up. I have no idea.

Ketchup scarcity? Hunts, Heinz, or meijer very limited quantities I see right now. I have all beef hot dogs to grill we need us some catsup! BUT, was able to finally score some celery salt and we have mustard so we’ll survive with a very thin line of ketchup on the bun.

A friend told me she is having problems getting ketchup for her restaurant now.

This was the case at the farmer’s store, and they had a sign explaining the issue. Six weeks later, this is no longer a problem.

After a year, my husband was finally able to buy the specific frame he wanted at Ikea. So that shortage is over.

However, we ordered a new washer and dryer set from Miele. They are not able to estimate the delivery date.

The grocery store is stocking more hamburger buns. Compared to last year, they only have one brand, plus their own brand. None of the high protein hamburger buns or the black variants. Hope that’s just our branch.

You’re dead to me. :smiley:

I have to ask, what is a black hamburger bun?

With activated charcoal. These are my favorite crackers.

The buns we got here were not only black, but had other different ingredients, and the texture was different. So I think the company decided to stop doing the charcoal trend and went for the high protein trend. Which are also different that the basic hamburger bun.

I checked online, and the high protein buns are available. Just not at my branch.

around here so many things are out at different times it takes 2 trips to complete a list but what’s even worse is the prices are up on a lot of things…

for easter, we found medium eggs but Walmart sells a closed box and we didn’t know about a 8 or so were cracked … the shells were so thin we almost didn’t use them for dyeing and Walmart gave us a nice refund because of it

luckily for cat food we get either a 40 or 60 can box from Costco and upon hearing a chance of a shortage she bought another one and since we use one can a day we’re good until June…

Interesting, thanks for the links!

The ketchup shortage hasn’t hit here yet (at least in the grocery stores; I don’t eat enough fast food to know about the ketchup pack situation). There does seem to be an issue finding good broccoli, but this may be a seasonal issue. Lysol spray still isn’t available, and for some reason bagged Cascade pods stay sold out, but other cleaning goods seem to be readily available.

Braswell Farms?

They’re Goldhen eggs from Aldi, but they’re produced by Rose Acre Farms, who produce a metric buttload of eggs that are sold under all number of labels.

Or, as they put it on their website, “shell eggs and egg products.” I love food industry terminology.

Apparently they aren’t connected to Braswell Farms, which per their site is a ministry that happens to sell hen fruit.

I got my second vaxx at a CVS a few days ago, and while there went shopping for some travel-size Kleenex. Not only were there no travel-size, there was no facial tissue of any kind - just empty shelves where it should be. Then my husband went to a different CVS in a different town yesterday, and he also found no facial tissue at all. Huh.

Well, I’ll go to Target today and see if they have any.

Pam is out again. It’s fluky. Sometimes there, sometimes not. Last year, our Safeway put a “one tin per customer” limit on Pam, for about a month.

Nearly a month later and still no Friskies on the shelves. Scant supplies of litter as well. I still have backup, but it’s getting low.

NYT, reported that cereal, diapers, and toilet paper will become more expensive (also Tampax, Huggies, and other products:

It created chaos and confusion in global shipping markets, leading to shortages and price increases that have cascaded from factories to ports to stores to consumers. When the pandemic hit, Americans’ shopping habits shifted rapidly — with people spending money on treadmills and office furniture instead of going out to eat in restaurants and seeing movies at theaters.

This, in turn, put enormous pressure on factories in China to produce these goods and ship them across the Pacific in containers. But the demand for shipping outstripped the availability of containers in Asia, yielding shortages that resulted in higher shipping costs.

Friskies are one of the few cat foods I do see on the shelves around here, though the shelves are less full than usual. I don’t usually buy Friskies, but did get a few cans the other day, as my supply is down to one month from three and I’m starting to get a little antsy about it. (In non-pandemic times, one month’s backup felt like plenty and I used to sometimes get down to a week without feeling too worried --)

My guess is that if you’re looking for a deal on a used treadmill, somewhere in the next six-to-twelve months is going to be a good time!