So what shortages are you personally seeing?

Was out and about earlier and discovered…

Tractor Supply is very low on chainsaw chains. They was out of many sizes and the ones they had only had 1 or 2 available of each.

Half and half was very scarce at Walmart

Sheetz had all there gas pumps bagged. I didn’t need gas but wanted a coffee. I know one of the employees so asked ehat was up. They had some sort of issue that morning and was still waiting on a technician to get there to check on it. It was 9pm when I was there and this particular station is always busy for gas sales.

At my grocery store, there is VERY VERY little canned cat food on the shelf. There is also a sign in the meat section saying fresh poultry purchases are limited to 2 per household.

I’m beginning to despair that the cat food shortage will never end. It’s been going on nearly a year already.

And there’s definitely a chicken issue here, too. When I can find chicken breasts at all, they’re marked up to the banana pants price of $4.50/lb.

Same at the local Giant yesterday.

I’ve been buying my canned cat food from Amazon for the past year or two. I get the Friskies 24-40 can variety packs and pay about 50-60 cents a can. This month I finally put it on subscription, having given up on trying to buy it at the store.

The dry cat selection, in general, is also starting to shrink at our local groceries. Still available, but maybe 7-8 varieties instead of 20+. Our cats’ #1 brand disappeared a few weeks after Thanksgiving, and their second choice (different flavor, same maker) is now gone. And this is major label cat food, nothing esoteric or at all rare in normal times.

At this week’s shopping trip I was particularly struck by the absolute wasteland in the 16’ refrigerated case where the canned biscuits are usually displayed. No product at all - name brand, store brand, plain or flavored - nada!

The other thing I have not seen mentioned is Root Beer. None of the stores in my area have it. I can sometimes find it on the soda fountain at a restaurant, but even that is getting harder.

I didn’t see any bare shelves in the grocery store over at the county seat tonight. I have been told that their deliveries are not complete these days.

[quote=“elfkin477, post:1162, topic:916268”]And there’s definitely a chicken issue here, too. When I can find chicken breasts at all, they’re marked up to the banana pants price of $4.50/lb.[/quote]I bought a package of drumsticks tonight for $0.99 per pound.

[Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong on the second quote? I was trying to respond to both on one post as was suggested the other day.]

Somehow the [/quote] got left off the end of your second quote.

We’ve been ordering our cat cat food from Chewy with no big issues but now two of the rotten beasts are on prescription food that is difficult to outsource. At least they are old cats who don’t eat that much compared to our 9 month old eating machine.

On Discourse, to complete a quote box, both the closing quote tag AND a blank line after the closing quote tag are necessary. So in billy-jack’s post above, he/she needed to hit ENTER (twice, I believe) before starting a new paragraph with “I bought a package of drumsticks …

See below:

Unclosed quote:

[quote=“elfkin477, post:1162, topic:916268”]And there’s definitely a chicken issue here, too. When I can find chicken breasts at all, they’re marked up to the banana pants price of $4.50/lb.[/quote]I bought a package of drumsticks tonight for $0.99 per pound.

Closed quote:

I bought a package of drumsticks tonight for $0.99 per pound.

Thank you, both of you. I put the closing quote in but didn’t hit return before entering the text.

You did have the closed quote tag, but not the blank line afterward. Notice how you had the closed quote tag and then immediately after you wrote “I bought a package …”? You just needed a blank line (hit ENTER key twice) after the closed quote tag.

EDIT: And I see your correction – you’ve got it.

" So what shortages are you personally seeing?"

Kindness, mostly.

actually, for the first time in about 3 months, we received everything we ordered from Walmart usually things have to be submitted

You sure got that right!

I was sent to the grocery store to grab a chuck roast for my gf’s vegetable soup. I walked back and forth looking at meat but didn’t see any. I asked the butcher and he went in the back and got me exactly what I needed, but said that was it.

You both got it right.

It’s changing me for the worse as well. A few days ago I saw a woman who’s suv was on the side of the highway and she was trying to wave people down. In the past I would have stopped and offered help. This time, I saw the Trump bumper sticker and mask-less face, assumed she was un-vaccinated and drove on by.

That was about the same unsafe spot that last month I stopped my car and ran into 70+ mph traffic to get a stray dog out of the medium.

A friend with poor planning skills is moving today. Hubs tried to reserve a truck and a couple of helpers but it seems as though all the moving companies out this way are booked out for weeks if not months and U-haul doesn’t have a clue where their trucks are.

Moved into a new neighborhood in the '70s. and the next door lady greeted us with an apple pie, made with chicken fat as the shortening.

I don’t recommend this, and neither would our dog, who wouldn’t eat it.

Dan

How kind of you.