In fact, the girly glee embodied in the squee is more striking when it’s not a young girl doing it.
[/QUOTE]
You might be right. For some reason I imagine it used by overweight middle-aged men who live with their mothers. A bit like Comic Book Store Guy in the Simpsons.
OK, so can I change this from a pitting of an rather expressive and innocuous new slang word and change it to a pitting of someone who would use an acronym from some goddam esoteric comic book, and expect anyone to know what the fuck you’re talking about? If your fingers are so weak and broken you can’t type out “Johnny the Homicidal Maniac,” you need to be in bed with a heating pad, not further injuring your digits on a message board.
Oh, and Squeeee! Squeeee! Squeeee! Squeeee! Squeeee!!!
[QUOTE=Ice Wolf]
Oh please. You’re just trying to cheer me up. After travelling 7 miles with said half-busload of female “squeeing” teenagers, I’d probably welcome the leviathan to put us all out of our misery.
[/QUOTE]
On investigation I have discovered it is commonly rendered as ‘Squee!’ rather than
‘Squee …’ as I had imagined. I too plunge deeper into despair and error.
[QUOTE=Eve]
OK, so can I change this from a pitting of an rather expressive and innocuous new slang word and change it to a pitting of someone who would use an acronym from some goddam esoteric comic book, and expect anyone to know what the fuck you’re talking about? If your fingers are so weak and broken you can’t type out “Johnny the Homicidal Maniac,” you need to be in bed with a heating pad, not further injuring your digits on a message board.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=TheLoadedDog]
You might be right. For some reason I imagine it used by overweight middle-aged men who live with their mothers.
[/QUOTE]
Ahem. As a slightly out-of-shape 40-year-old who lives across the building from mama, I marginally resent that comment.
Besides, I only squee about animals. And babies.
[QUOTE=Eve]
Can’t you bozos even deal with slang? What would the English language be unless the scrapers came up with some new words every so often?
Buncha weak sisters, that’s whatcha are.
[/QUOTE]
He’s just being squeamish.
And I like this “squee” word, although I never have a chance to use it. I really ought to buy a cute kitty or hamster or something.
Jings*, show off, why don’t you. I mean, at least I could quickly arrange to acquire a cute furry quadruped, but I think making friends with an astronaut might be a bit trickier. Not too many of those in my neck of the woods.
Yes, I admit I did say that one just to see how it would be received.
Oh do get real. You know it’s “squeal”. Don’t even pretend you don’t. It’s been re-rendered because the trailing “l” is bad onomatopoeia in the original.
Anyone prepared to say they don’t know what “squeal” means?
Eve’s right. You folks sound like my Dad, who finds every activity engaged in since 1952, if it departs from what and how things were done before then, to be silly and annoying.
What’s next? Another rant about “And then she goes…” – ?
[QUOTE=Ice Wolf]
Oh please. You’re just trying to cheer me up. After travelling 7 miles with said half-busload of female “squeeing” teenagers, I’d probably welcome the leviathan to put us all out of our misery.
[/QUOTE]
Ice Wolf has just been catapulted into sainthood. Demand combat pay!
[QUOTE=Celyn]
Jings*, show off, why don’t you. I mean, at least I could quickly arrange to acquire a cute furry quadruped, but I think making friends with an astronaut might be a bit trickier. Not too many of those in my neck of the woods.
[/QUOTE]
See? I think it’s highly squee-worthy.
And he sent me an autographed picture, so I’ll admit I still get really wound up and flap my arms around if anyone asks me about it!