I think I’ve used the word once in a post (or maybe just an email… I don’t really remember), but that’s because I like that it makes me ponder the brilliance of squeegees. How could anyone not like such a thing? Those puppies are meant for little more than our giggly amusement.
::: SQUEE!! :::
Squeee!!! makes for a nice variation from the overused “I’m coming!”
[QUOTE=jsgoddess]
The king of squee
[/QUOTE]
In this case, at least, squee equals twee squared.
[QUOTE=AHunter3]
Eve’s right. You folks sound like my Dad, who finds every activity engaged in since 1952, if it departs from what and how things were done before then, to be silly and annoying.
What’s next? Another rant about “And then she goes…” – ?
[/QUOTE]
S0rRy d00d. i r34LLy sh0ulD b3 m0r3 4cc3pT1nG 0f 0uR m4Gn1fic3nT ch4ng1Ng l4nguaG3.
[QUOTE=AHunter3]
Eve’s right. You folks sound like my Dad, who finds every activity engaged in since 1952, if it departs from what and how things were done before then, to be silly and annoying.
[/QUOTE]
Which is wrong, because the actual cut-off point (as decided by me) is 1978. ![]()
[QUOTE=jsgoddess]
The king of squee
[/QUOTE]
That nearly blew up my squee-inhibitor circuit. Nearly. I went with “Awwwwww…” instead, just in time.
Pretty soon you guys will be yelling, “Hey you punks, get off my lawn!”
::squeeeeeeeeeee::
Squee means you can play Masticore and still draw cards.
[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
I’d always assumed that Doper Squee got his name from JTHM.
[/QUOTE]
There also is, or was (haven’t seen him lately) a poster named Nailbunny.
I like it. “Squee!” just …works. And much as I hate that leet crap, I’ve grown rather fond of “w00t!” too.
Which one means ‘It creeps me out?’
"Squick?’ I always confuse the two.
[QUOTE=jsgoddess]
The king of squee
[/QUOTE]
He is indeed the King!
[QUOTE=Eutychus]
It is also what you say when you see JTHM climbing through your bedroom window for the first time.
[/QUOTE]
What do you say the second time? I’d never heard of “JTHM” before this thread, but from what I’m reading, it doesn’t sound like there’d be a second time.
[QUOTE=Baldwin]
Now that I know some of the background. . . I think my prejudice has actually deepened. Truly a moronic bit of pop-culture slang.
[/QUOTE]
I think it’s very useful. It … errrm … tells you a lot about the poster. Note carefully neutral language.
[QUOTE=panache45]
In this case, at least, squee equals twee squared.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Princhester]
What do you say the second time? I’d never heard of “JTHM” before this thread, but from what I’m reading, it doesn’t sound like there’d be a second time.
[/QUOTE]
Todd is one of the few who survived the experience.
[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
Todd is one of the few who survived the experience.
[/QUOTE]
Only one of two that survived any closeness with Nny, if I recall; Devi being the other one.
I’m going to have to re-think “squee!!!” I’d thought of it as a dolphin sound. An excited, vertical leaping dolphin sound.
<mild hijack> As you can see, I don’t post a lot, and probably wouldn’t have bothered posting this–why interrumpt a nice discussion of giggly girls, comics and sling with dolphins? But, I need help. What’s the term for “visualize” when it’s auditory? I wanted to say I’ve always “visualized” squee as the sound a dolphin makes. But I couldn’t think of the right word for to express the concept. Thanks. <end>
Heard?
Auditorialized?