So what the fuck does "squee" mean?

[QUOTE=Eve]
Can’t you bozos even deal with slang? What would the English language be unless the scrapers came up with some new words every so often?

Buncha weak sisters, that’s whatcha are.
[/QUOTE]

Slang is good and all, but what do you mean by scraper? I thought scrapers were what folks in the Bay called pimped-out Oldsmobiles or Buicks from the late '80s.

[QUOTE=Paul in Saudi]
Which one means ‘It creeps me out?’

"Squick?’ I always confuse the two.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. Think of “squick” as onomatopoetic for the sound a leprous testicle makes as it drops into a bog of sewage.

You’re welcome.

[QUOTE=WhyNot]
Yes. Think of “squick” as onomatopoetic for the sound a leprous testicle makes as it drops into a bog of sewage.

You’re welcome.
[/QUOTE]

I thought squicking was popping the eye out of a head and copulating with the ocular socket. “Skull fucking”, if you will.

[QUOTE=BMax]
I thought squicking was popping the eye out of a head and copulating with the ocular socket. “Skull fucking”, if you will.
[/QUOTE]

Certainly from an observer’s point of view that works. It’s not aggressive enough to be the skull-fucker’s feelings, nor victimizing enough to be those of the skull-fuckee, IMHO. It’s just communicates a generalized feeling of ickiness.

Squick is an onomatopoetic for stepping in a large pile of vomit with bare feet.

[QUOTE=dahfisheroo]
Squick is an onomatopoetic for stepping in a large pile of vomit with bare feet.
[/QUOTE]

I don’t think it’s the size of the pile that really matters.

[QUOTE=dahfisheroo]
Squick is an onomatopoetic for stepping in a large pile of vomit with bare feet.
[/QUOTE]
Cold or still warm? Which would be worse?

Someday I’ll see a post that uses (without irony) both “squee!” and “foodie”. Then I’ll have to reconsider my feelings regarding the extinction of the human race.

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
Cold or still warm? Which would be worse?
[/QUOTE]

Warm. As it oozes between your toes.

[QUOTE=Taber]
Squee means you can play Masticore and still draw cards.
[/QUOTE]

And the Nerdiest Post of the Day award goes to Taber.

[QUOTE=Shagnasty]
I guess the questions becomes is it possible to be twee and express squee at the same time?
[/QUOTE]

Not only possible, but practically mandatory. :smiley:

A tweet and a squee: Account Suspended

It roughly translates to: “I am a geek”.

[QUOTE=Muffin]
A tweet and a squee: http://www.funnyanimalz.com/freefunnypixs2/images/media/1/buddies.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Did anyone else think “Taxidermy 101”?

Now you come to mention it, Mame … yeah …

All you poor, misguided souls. A squee is clearly some sort of creature from the J’nanin age in Myst:Exile.

[QUOTE=Achren]
All you poor, misguided souls. A squee is clearly some sort of creature from the J’nanin age in Myst:Exile.
[/QUOTE]
In the right hands, that could be seen to be cute enough to be worthy of “squee!!”

I demand a SQUEE smilie!!

[QUOTE=Taber]
Squee means you can play Masticore and still draw cards.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, but Squee would rather be playing with his toy, or hugging a hot chick. Discarding Squee to a Masticore over and over will get you on Squee’s shit list, which is no good when he decides to get his revenge.

Enjoy,
Steven

[QUOTE=Ice Wolf]
… but … not something I’d use. Unless it was the sound effect for something cute and furry being stepped on.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen it in print in this context - I think it was in The Rats by James Herbert - possibly several instances where a rat is killed and is described as giving out its ‘death squee’