So, When do y'all want to have another White Elephant thing?

I really enjoyed the one 2 years ago. Did I miss one last year?
Anyway, I’ve got a bunch of cra… um… I mean treasures I would love to share with ya’ll. :slight_smile:

Is this some kind of Aryan Pachyderm Beastiality reference? Where is this white elephant going to put his “thing”? And who in there right mind would want to do it * a second time?*

I, for one, don’t go that way!

So many Unglates, so little time!

Hey! As I was glaring at my ever-growing pile of cra… uh, treasures this morning, I had this exact same thought!

I would be happy to participate. Heck - people don’t even have to send me stuff - I’ll just mail out boxes of jun…goodies!

:smiley:

Ooh—white elephant thing! I have a lot of priceless treasures that, I’m sorry to report, are taking up too much room in my spacious mansion. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d love to share the wealth!

Hell, I’ll even volunteer to coordinate the thing - I’m giving people until June 25 to e-mail me their details - Screen Name, Name, Address and I’ll have the mailing list ready by June 28.

There will be no extensions as I’m going on vacation July 1, so there. :smiley:

Anyhow - my e-mail is in my profile - drop me a note with “White-Elephant 2004” in the subject line and I’ll sort things out.

Finally, even if it’s just the 4 of us, I’ll still send you guy’ crap if you want! :smiley:

Maybe I should’ve been more enthusiastic with my title. :frowning:

I wonder if I agree to send out nudie shots with my package if interest will pick up?

Of course, they will be nudie shots of my DOG!! Arf.

i am so in! i was just thinking of the white elephant exchange this afternoon.

can’t wait to send stuff out!

Can I get a Mod to change the title to something like, “Hey! Let’s have one of those GREAT White Elephant Exchanges!!!”?

For those of us who missed the last one, could someone please explain what this is and how it works?

You send your name and address to alice_in_wonderland, she sends you somebody else’s info and sends your info to someone else. Then you send “stuff” to your person. It can be anything you want, things you have lying around the house that are too good to throw out or something you have too many of, or whatever. Then when you receive your white elephant package, you come on here and tell everybody what wonderful things you got.

It’s FUN, FUN, FUN!

:smiley:

Wow, sounds like fun, but seeing as I’m going to be moving at the end of the month, I’m going to have to take a pass, since everything will be in chaos for a while.

Also, come to think of it, I don’t seem to have the pack-rat gene, and pretty much everything I own gets frequent use, so I wouldn’t have much to send along.

I’m curious to see what folks send along, though.

I’ll take “A Chance to Peek Into Other People’s Closets” for 200, Alex.

In other words, I’m in. I’ll try to remember to send my infor to alice_in_wonderland tomorrow.

I’m in! :smiley:

My info is cyber-winging its way to alice right now!

I’m in! I missed the last one, but the first one completely tickled me. I still have the ear pick :confused: that Astroboy sent me. Hee hee!

Hoo boy, do I have stuff to get ri-, er, to gift someone else with! Nothing like a move to help you re-discover all the things you’ve had mashed in the back of a closet, jackelope. :smiley:

By the way, is there a typical amount of stuff that people send (e.g., one larger item, several smaller items)?

My info has been sent.

This will be fun!

It doesn’t matter, but I think it’s more fun to get a bunch of little things.

Excellent - I’m starting to get some e-mails in my inbox (with one noteable exception ahem hillbillyqueen ahem)!

So, I suppose I better tip people off to a couple of rules:

1. I believe the unofficial “official” SDMB position is that no one under 18 can participate in this sort of thing, so - no under 18’s. Sorry. :frowning:

2. Don’t send anything illegal, or likely to explode in the mail. Items that are likely to break should probably not be sent either, unless they’re really well packed.

3. Try to send your package out in a timely fashion. If you are going to be delayed please e-mail your receipent and let them know.

4. If, say, One Month after the deadline date has expired (August firstish) and you still have no package and no e-mail, send ME an e-mail and I will try to sort things out. If my pile of junk lasts, I may even send you a package myself but I make no guarantees.

5. If you’re not gonna send your package, at all, ever, don’t sign up, OK? Thanks.

6. In the past my official position has been that I don’t post the names of non-senders. That will remain my position for this go-round, but I reserve the right to e-mail you if you’re neglegent - if you can’t stand to get an e-mail from me to remind you then don’t sign up.

7. Finally, anything X-rated should probably be saved for a different activity, um K? Yes, that includes dildoes. :smiley:

I am going to make every effort to match people up geographically so no one winds up with a $1,000,000 shipping bill. Euro dopers, Ausie dopers, Canadian dopers, China dopers, Japan dopers, etc are all welcome to play this game as well.

I think, at this point, I will exclude “Guests” from this exchange - so if you wanna play, you have to sign up. For those guests for whom this is a financial hardship, I will point out that in ATMB there’s still a thread offering to pay for subscriptions for needy folks. I am still willing to sponser a newby doper or two, so check out the thread. Or post here. Or something. :slight_smile:

Thats it! Keep those e-mails coming!