[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
I might send a few of the more blatant examples to some other Mods, but I sense the general defensiveness and skepticism on the boards in general would result in a lot of arguing and trainwrecks without much change of positions just now. You all seem a bit too hostile to the concept for me to try and persuade people in droves, so I deem it sufficient to state it as my opinion for now.
I’m not blaming you for your defensiveness–I’d probably be the same in your position–but it seems like a lot of work (argung about the interpretation of the threads, not just searching for the threads, though that’s a little bit of a chore too) for what looks like very little reward. Maybe some other time. For now, I’m just raising the issue, and accepting your skepticism.
[/QUOTE]
Much as I hate to (in a limited fashion) agree with Shodan, the above is basically equivalent to someone coming into a thread and spouting off that tomndebb is a child molesting devil worshipper with three penises, then claiming that not only are you too busy to look up cites, you sense that the mood is hostile to you so you wouldn’t be able to convince anyone with those cites anyway, so maybe you’ll cite later…
I agree with Shodan’s latest post only to the point that your actions are certainly trollish in this case. I will not claim that’s your motivation.