[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
So why don’t you bust the chops of the poster who just called me a jerk?
[/QUOTE]
Because you are?
[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
So why don’t you bust the chops of the poster who just called me a jerk?
[/QUOTE]
Because you are?
Ah. So name calling is persuasive sometimes, just not when you don’t care for it. Got it.
[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
Failing to slap down posters who repeatedly called Badchad a troll (because they didn’t agree with him) was just one sad, sorry incident in a long series of Pro-Christian biases that turned me around on you. Like stink on shit, you would have been all over someone who falsely labelled another poster a troll, except this was an atheist being called a troll with zero basis by a Christian, so what the hell. Let that one go.
[/QUOTE]
Well, if we are talking about the same thread, I called him a troll, and am as much an atheist as anyone can be. We were not insulting him because we disagreed with him; that is simply a false statement. Or a lie. We were insulting him because he has the manners of a goat.
[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
Well, if we are talking about the same thread, I called him a troll, and am as much an atheist as anyone can be. We were not insulting him because we disagreed with him; that is simply a false statement. Or a lie. We were insulting him because he has the manners of a goat.
[/QUOTE]
And I agreed with you. But “bad manners” doesn’t equal “troll.” And “bad manners” in a context where insults are being directed liberally all around equates to just about nothing.
But don’t tell Tom you said badchad was a troll. He wants me to spend my Sunday searching for this shit. So, SHHHH.
[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
Ah. So name calling is persuasive sometimes, just not when you don’t care for it. Got it.
[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes:
Enjoy your martyrdom. I’ll be over here, in some other thread where I’m not feeling incited to strangle the OP for excessive self-pity.
[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
But don’t tell Tom you said badchad was a troll. He wants me to spend my Sunday searching for this shit. So, SHHHH.
[/QUOTE]
Look at the Forum heading. Now recall the thread in which it was announced that calling posters trolls was permitted in the Pit (announced on June 7 of this year), and then note the date on which badchad attempted to Pit me (begun on October 11 of this year, four months after the rule change), and explain why you are whining that I have let people call badchad a troll in the Forum in which such calls are permitted.
If you think that I am letting people call atheists trolls in defiance of the rules, at least find an occasion in Great Debates (where it is NOT permitted) where I have done so instead of whining that I have not enforced a suspended rule in a Forum where it is permitted for which I am not an assigned Mod.
[QUOTE=jayjay]
:rolleyes:
Enjoy your martyrdom. I’ll be over here, in some other thread where I’m not feeling incited to strangle the OP for excessive self-pity.
[/QUOTE]
PRR isn’t the OP of this thread, badcahd is. However, PRR does have his tongue so far up badcahd’s ass that it is sometimes difficult to tell where one ends and the other one begins, so your confusion is entirely understandable.
[QUOTE=Miller]
PRR isn’t the OP of this thread, badcahd is.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I caught that after I posted. My kingdom for a 5-minute edit function…
[QUOTE=Revenant Threshold]
That seems somewhat unfair. You’re comparing all the religious Dopers to just the hardcore athiests. I imagine you’d find more assholes in the “hardcore” part of any group.
[/QUOTE]
Admitted. “Hard-core” does seem to mean “asshole” in just about any grouping.
[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
I mean, this is just flat NOT about how ince a person I am, okay, so get off it. I’m a total shit, I admit it.
[/QUOTE]
You remind me of people who throw trash out of their car windows. Why would they choose to crap on the world?
In all seriousness, why do you choose to come here and behave like a total shit? Forget how you make other people feel, it must be an incredibly unpleasant way for YOU to live.
I appreciate your sincere concern for me.
[QUOTE=Miller]
PRR isn’t the OP of this thread, badcahd is. However, PRR does have his tongue so far up badcahd’s ass that it is sometimes difficult to tell where one ends and the other one begins, so your confusion is entirely understandable.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe they’re forming a circle, like Ouroboros.
[QUOTE=Bryan Ekers]
Maybe they’re forming a circle, like Ouroboros.
[/QUOTE]
Or maybe he’s my sock, and I’m his. That’s a good one–then Tom could just pull the plug on both of us, you’d all believe it, and no one would ever be the wiser.
Personally, I wouldn’t put it past him for a second.
[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
Or maybe he’s my sock, and I’m his. That’s a good one–then Tom could just pull the plug on both of us, you’d all believe it, and no one would ever be the wiser.
Personally, I wouldn’t put it past him for a second.
[/QUOTE]
You know, they do have treatment for paranoia nowadays.
Seriously…do you actually read what you’ve typed? The mods are in some sort of anti-anti-religious conspiracy to get rid of all the atheists on the board? You can be disappeared in the night with no one knowing? They came for the agnostics, and I said nothing, because I was not agnostic?
Get help. IANAP, but your gears are not meshing with reality’s.
[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
But don’t tell Tom you said badchad was a troll. He wants me to spend my Sunday searching for this shit. So, SHHHH.
[/QUOTE]
Well, look on the bright side. At least you’re not a Christian and thus have the spare time. ![]()
[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
And how does this bullshit reasoning not apply to Masonic conspiricists, Scientologists, and other paranoic or otherwise certifiable figures of fun on this website dedicated to fighting ignorance?
[/quote]
It does apply to them. It applies to you, too. All these claims you make about my reasoning being bullshit compared to yours, my being dumber than you, my being inferior to you, and all that — those opinions are formed from your own experience. I can’t live your life, so I have no place to call you an idiot for your beliefs. I can understand why you’re an atheist; I just can’t understand why you’re an arrogant jackass.
[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
they’re ruining the CIA
[/QUOTE]
???
[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
Personally, I wouldn’t put it past him for a second.
[/QUOTE]
Then why are you still here? Why aren’t you banned?
We can’t just say someone is a sock; we have to prove it. Neither can we ban people just 'cause we feel like it. Any banning of a long-time poster gets discussed, sometimes for days. None of us could turn rogue for longer than a day or so.
[QUOTE=Monty]
???
[/QUOTE]
I suspect he means this. Sounds like typical conspiracy theorist babble, if you ask me.
Thanks, Q.E.D.. Now that’s some whacked out stuff.