soccer/football fans did ya read this ....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/chelsea-chairman-says-dont-make-club-join-great-unwashed/ar-BBOeveD

Is this guys views common? to me he seems a first class snot………

Someone involved with Chelsea Football Club being a massive arsehole? This is unprecedented

At least they are not Liverpool.

What’s the big deal with the article? All Buck is saying is that teams should be allowed to rise or fall to their natural level.

I do disagree with him about the MLB.

Mmm - not exactly. His beef seems to be, at least in part, with football authorities limiting the way clubs (or rather their owners) can buy success. Financial Fair Play rules (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Financial_Fair_Play_Regulations) “were established to prevent professional football clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success and in doing so getting into financial problems which might threaten their long-term survival”.

His comments about “What Chelsea did in 2003, what Man City did five years later (after being bought by a member of Abu Dhabi’s royal family), that is virtually impossible to do under Financial Fair Play” presumably relate to new club owners being able to spend excessive amounts on players. Is that really what you meant by a club rising or falling to it’s natural level?

I should add that I am neither an expert on, nor a fan of, football. Someone else should be able to provide a more detailed explanation of this.

j

What complete nonsense. The fifth-league supporter doesn’t dream that his club will eventually be promoted to the Premiership because it’s going to be bought by some itinerant Asiatic autocrat. He thinks that the new goaltender is actually a lot better than everyone says, and the winger who played in the Championship League five years ago is finally healthy again after that knee surgery, and the local golden boy who just got overlooked by the scouts is going to power them up the leagues.
It’s a less realistic dream, perhaps, but what, really, are the odds that a Saudi Princeling is going to buy your Eeling Wanderers, anyways?

But it happens every day in Football Manager. :stuck_out_tongue: