Some gun stuff.

I recently purchased an Olympic Arms Whitney Wolverine. What a fantastic piece! It’s light. It has a decent trigger and shoots every bit as well as my bull-barreled Ruger Mk II. I’ve wanted a Wolverine ever since I was a kid and, for once, having is as fine a thing as wanting. My only small gripe is that the gun comes with only one magazine and extras are pretty pricey at $35 a pop.
I also recently purchased a pair of boot grips for my NAA .22 magnum. That was $40 well spent. They make the piece about 500x more shootable than the bird’s head shaped grips with only a marginal loss of concealability. They’re attractive, too. Much nicer looking than the rubber oversize grips that NAA has sold for several years.
I took my PTR-91 out to the range the other day for a litttle fun n’ games. I love that rifle. My new wife nailed a steel ram with it at 200 meters on her first go. Other than some middle school training with the Kalashnikov back in Ukraine, she’s never fired a centerfire rifle. I ran 80 rounds of filthy milsurp ammo through it that gummed up the works pretty badly. I think the stuff was Indian manufacture and they are THE WORST when it comes guns and ammo. I believe I’ll stick to Winchester white box or such other American ammo that comes my way in the future. The extra cost is worth the consistency of performance and far easier cleanup.
Next purchase? The Keltec PF9 if they ever actually get around to releasing it.

Me? I’m currently slavering over one of these: Springfield Armory XD-45. I think I’ve got just about enough nickels and quarters in the jar to get one.

And I don’t really know how I managed to live so long without one of these. Browning Citori Trap XT. I hate having to deprive myself of the simple necessities of life.

Might hafta head to the range this weekend to play with [url=“http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=524&type_id=047&cat=004C”] this little guy, and [url=“Firearms - Rifles • Shotguns • Pistols - Browning”] this little guy, too. (Although my Buckmark ain’t the stainless version - I guess Browning has discontinued it.)

Me? I’m currently slavering over one of these: Springfield Armory XD-45. I think I’ve got just about enough nickels and quarters in the jar to get one.

And I don’t really know how I managed to live so long without one of these. Browning Citori Trap XT. I hate having to deprive myself of the simple necessities of life.

Might hafta head to the range this weekend to play with this little guy[/ur], and [url=“http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=006B&cat_id=051&type_id=426”] this little guy, too. (Although my Buckmark ain’t the stainless version - I guess Browning has discontinued it.) I have about 2000 rounds of .22LR that are burning a hole in my pocket.

Might hafta head to the range this weekend to play with this little guy, and this little guy, too. (Although my Buckmark ain’t the stainless version - I guess Browning has discontinued it.) I have about 2000 rounds of .22LR that are burning a hole in my pocket.

Recently bought the Browning Buckmark too, Beer, but haven’t shot it yet. Sure feels nice though and the store owner went on and on about it. Plinkin’ for hours on end for several dollars though… you gotta love that.

Never seen one of those before, but I have to say I like it very much asthetically. Price looks pretty decent too. Might just have to seek one of those out for myself. Thanks for showing that one.

Me, I’m wanting to try out one of S&W’s new tac rifles I like Smith stuff and I’ve always wanted an AR variant of some sort, so we’ll see if it happens.

Yeah? Which Buckmark model did you get, lieu? There’s only what, like 30 Buckmark models? I have the Bullseye SE just like the one linked, except it has a flat black finish. The contoured rosewood grips are really, really awesome though; well worth the extra fifty bucks I paid instead of the plastic ones. The one I got absolutely loves cheap ammo, too. The Federal Lightnings in the red box - just eats 'em up; I can get 'em here for less than ten bucks a brick. I shoot that thing so much, I bought 3 extra magazines. Probably oughtta get one more so’s I can load up a full box at a time.

I love my Buckmark. I actually shoot it more than I do my 10/22.

My kids have taken over my 10/22 and Colt Frontier Scout, but I’ve still got my fathers Ruger MkI and a 94/22 that I get to shoot occassionally.
Love the looks of that Wolverine - kind of Buck Rogers, eh? Shoots good, you say? <adds to list>

I’ve been thinking of learning to shoot with one of these babies, but it sounds like they’re hard to get, and the person at the website discussing it says that they sometimes fall apart when you’re shooting, which seems a little dangerous to me. But it looks so cool!

My dad just came up with a Buckmark .22, not sure which model. It’s an older model he got off a widow he knows. He also got a Browning Hi Power 9mm and a .30 cal Luger off her, none of them look to have been shot much.

That is pretty cool as a matter of fact. Plus, if you ever got in trouble it’s the only weapon you could turn into something else.

“Crossbow? What crossbow officer? All I have here is this moon base…” :wink:

You’ll excuse me for wondering if there isn’t a story here… :smiley:

Beer, not sure exactly. Thick, flat black, non-fluted barrel and hard rubber grips. It appears capable of suffering abuse gladly.

There’s a story, all right. Not that kind :wink:

She was selling off a bunch of stuff, trying to consolidate 2 houses of stuff into 1. She knew she had the Luger and the Hi Power and he’d already bought those. Then as an afterthought she said she had another gun in a dresser drawer and it was the Buckmark.

The rest of the story… She had already set her prices, and dad tried to talk her into taking some more (she’s not financially strapped), but she wouldn’t hear of it. He got all 3 guns for less than what a nice Hi Power would go for today. The Luger had the receipt for the gun and a box of shells. He got the box of shells, the guy had fired one clip through it. One of dad’s cronies passed away recently and they had sold off most of his gun collection, his son said there was a box of holsters still left. Yep, one of the holsters was for the .30 Luger (the guy had a nice Luger collection).

The Brownings both look new, he didn’t get any boxes with them. I can’t remember what he said their ages were, I think the Hi Power was from the 70’s, not sure.

I have a Citori Lightning Field with 26" barrels that I bought about fifteen years ago, and I’ve never had a day of trouble from it. That thing absolutely murders skeet targets all on its own - I hardly have to do anything.

I still think that Browning OUs are the best value on the market. A lot of people prefer Berettas for cheap shotguns, but their customer service sucks.

In other gun news, I sold off my Glock 19. I’ve now owned two and shot more of them than I can remember…and I still don’t like them. The grip angle is wrong for me. The finger grooves don’t fit my fingers. The triggers are shitty. Mechanical accuracy is pretty lackluster. Police departments love 'em, mainly for budgetary reasons; but I’ll put the money into something I’ll actually enjoy owning and shooting. Maybe the aforementioned Keltec.

In other news, my dad won one of these last fall in a drawing. Since he already had one, he gave it to me. I had it out to the range today. Very accurate. Decent trigger. I’ve shot various live targets with his, but today was the first time I ever shot steel with the .17 HMR. .22 lr and .22 WRM basically just scratched the paint on the targets at 50 yards. The .17 HMR craters the steel more like what you see from a centerfire rifle. The cartridge is a hot little number. The rifle is very affordable and very accurate. Get yourselves one.

If I had the money (ie, not saving up for a holiday later this year), I’d be getting myself one of the new Lever-Action 12ga M1887 shotgun clones that have just come into the country (Pump-action shotguns are almost impossible to legally own, lever-action shotguns are fine).

I also thought about getting a Tokarev TT-33 pistol for the collection, but they’re $400 and getting ammo is next to impossible (Kinda like the Nagant M1895 revolver).

I was offered a Parker-Hale reproduction Enfield 1853 Rifled Musket a few months ago, but the deal fell through for a number of reasons- the seller was one of those people who are just so busy they can’t get anything done, and he wanted the same price as an original (and non-licenscing required!) model would have cost. Still, my brother told me yesterday that he wants to get a gun licence and get into Black Powder shooting, so I may end up getting something like that anyway so we can shoot together…

That’s the gun my husband is considering. Me, I just bought one of these about a month ago (non-compensated). I love it.

The new wife and I hit the range again today. Her 10/22 was experiencing some ejection issues. I tore it down and examined the extractor. Unsurprisingly, its finish resembled the surface of the the moon. A little use of the ceramic stones from my Spyderco triangle sharpener polished it up nicely. It works beautifully now.