Some Proof that a BJU "Education" isn't Worth Much

Is that the one Reverend Ted graduated from? :stuck_out_tongue:

I totally agree with you, and assume that no one in your church would have a problem voting for an atheist running for office.

Sing it, sistah.

I couldn’t bring myself to vote for him, but after his election I was warily optimistic that he could be a moderate. Soon into his gubernatorial tenure it became apparent that he was only positioning himself for a presidential campaign, and he revealed himself to be an opportunist with no moral core.

Nah, it’s all good. I feel your pain.

Really? That’s not how I remember it. When he was debating watzername, the frumpy soccer mom, I remember them debating whether gay marriage was totally evil or totally completely evil.

Not to hijack, but…

She was on again a few weeks ago. Her “new husband” out-crazied her by an order of magnitude. The screaming fundie lady was the sane one in that relationship.

I hid under the bed until it went away.

Are you referring to the pagan man who told the god-warrior that he thought it was a good idea that his children be exposed to her religion also, and agreed that perhaps the constant presence of the coven was overshadowing his children’s need to have his attention?

You really thought he was crazier than her, as she ranted and raved and screamed about being a god-warrior and stormed out of a radio station screaming about being a christian woman, and tore up a fifty thousand dollar check because that money was tainted by the unbelievers?

You thought he was more nuts than her?

She doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

No, I’m talking about the guy who simply would not shut the fuck up about how everything, everywhere, for all time, was a racist plot against him. He was incapable of talking about any other subject.

Whaddaya expect, Monty? In the eyes of Evangelical Protestants (and, I’m sure, in the eyes of Catholics, and a great many others), Mormons are not merely non-Christians, they are false Christians. I.e., heretics – which are always scarier than infidels (Jews, Muslims, atheists, etc.). You’ll be hearing stuff like this over and over and over until the day Romney drops out of the race; unless he wins the nomination, and then you’ll be hearing it until the election; unless he wins that, and then you’ll be hearing it throughout his term in office. It’s not going to change.

Paul’s doctrine does not enjoin believers to shut up. Quite the reverse.

I think that Monty was referring to 1 Corinthians 14:34.

I looked it up on Wiki-apparently, they did a second episode of TS where they traded with an African-American family, and the husband was a black nationalist.

I didn’t see that guy. Is the god-warrior actually married to him, or did she swap with another family?

Does this place (BJU) have a medical school? And, if so, are its graduates able to practice medicine?

Only applies in church.

It’s just undergraduate. No worries. And, according to Wiki, it just recently even got accreditation (2005).

No, it was just a swap.

What was funny was that his real wife lived in god-warrior’s world for a while, and it was clear that her new white friends were unfamiliar with what blacks were all about. They all tended to blame blacks for being lazy and shiftless during Katrina. “Why didn’t they just get in their SUVs and drive out of here?”

My brother is currently getting his masters in divinity at BJU. The indoctrination and isolation really saddens me. When he and my sister-in-law have kids, I’m gonna do my best to show them that there is more to life.

What, you don’t feel that what you have faith in is more important and real than the governments of this world?

Brings new meaning to the phrase “oral exams”.