Some Proof that a BJU "Education" isn't Worth Much

[QUOTE=John Mace]
Oooooh, that BJU. I’m glad that an education at the other BJU is still worth plenty!
[/QUOTE]

Is that the one Reverend Ted graduated from? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Monty]

So, it’s not an issue of what the man’s position is on the issues, but just if you approve of his faith? Got it. Thanks. Glad to know that. Insert your own platitude. Then beat your head against the wall when you realize Haskins is actually part of government!

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you, and assume that no one in your church would have a problem voting for an atheist running for office.

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
That pandering suit ran for governor of Massachusetts with lots of rhetoric about a woman’s right to choose should be protected and discrimination against gays is bad. Now he’s blathering about how everything he did as governor was “in favor of life” and death to abortion and death to gay marriage.
[/QUOTE]
Sing it, sistah.

I couldn’t bring myself to vote for him, but after his election I was warily optimistic that he could be a moderate. Soon into his gubernatorial tenure it became apparent that he was only positioning himself for a presidential campaign, and he revealed himself to be an opportunist with no moral core.

[QUOTE=John Mace]
Wow. How did this post end up in this thread, instead of in Aechines current screed. My bad.
[/QUOTE]
Nah, it’s all good. I feel your pain.

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
That pandering suit ran for governor of Massachusetts with lots of rhetoric about a woman’s right to choose should be protected and discrimination against gays is bad.
[/QUOTE]

Really? That’s not how I remember it. When he was debating watzername, the frumpy soccer mom, I remember them debating whether gay marriage was totally evil or totally completely evil.

[QUOTE=Diogenes the Cynic]
Did anyone see that crazy, obese screaming Fundy lady on Wife Swap?
[/QUOTE]

Not to hijack, but…

She was on again a few weeks ago. Her “new husband” out-crazied her by an order of magnitude. The screaming fundie lady was the sane one in that relationship.

I hid under the bed until it went away.

Are you referring to the pagan man who told the god-warrior that he thought it was a good idea that his children be exposed to her religion also, and agreed that perhaps the constant presence of the coven was overshadowing his children’s need to have his attention?

You really thought he was crazier than her, as she ranted and raved and screamed about being a god-warrior and stormed out of a radio station screaming about being a christian woman, and tore up a fifty thousand dollar check because that money was tainted by the unbelievers?

You thought he was more nuts than her?

[QUOTE=Diogenes the Cynic]
People like that cannot be appeased or reasoned with.
[/QUOTE]
She doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

[QUOTE=catsix]
Are you referring to the pagan man who told the god-warrior that he thought it was a good idea that his children be exposed to her religion also, and agreed that perhaps the constant presence of the coven was overshadowing his children’s need to have his attention?
[/QUOTE]

No, I’m talking about the guy who simply would not shut the fuck up about how everything, everywhere, for all time, was a racist plot against him. He was incapable of talking about any other subject.

Whaddaya expect, Monty? In the eyes of Evangelical Protestants (and, I’m sure, in the eyes of Catholics, and a great many others), Mormons are not merely non-Christians, they are false Christians. I.e., heretics – which are always scarier than infidels (Jews, Muslims, atheists, etc.). You’ll be hearing stuff like this over and over and over until the day Romney drops out of the race; unless he wins the nomination, and then you’ll be hearing it until the election; unless he wins that, and then you’ll be hearing it throughout his term in office. It’s not going to change.

[QUOTE=Monty]
If they’re all that concerned about Paul’s doctrine, why aren’t they keeping their traps shut?
[/QUOTE]

Paul’s doctrine does not enjoin believers to shut up. Quite the reverse.

[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
Paul’s doctrine does not enjoin believers to shut up. Quite the reverse.
[/QUOTE]

I think that Monty was referring to 1 Corinthians 14:34.

[QUOTE=catsix]
Are you referring to the pagan man who told the god-warrior that he thought it was a good idea that his children be exposed to her religion also, and agreed that perhaps the constant presence of the coven was overshadowing his children’s need to have his attention?

You really thought he was crazier than her, as she ranted and raved and screamed about being a god-warrior and stormed out of a radio station screaming about being a christian woman, and tore up a fifty thousand dollar check because that money was tainted by the unbelievers?

You thought he was more nuts than her?
[/QUOTE]

I looked it up on Wiki-apparently, they did a second episode of TS where they traded with an African-American family, and the husband was a black nationalist.

I didn’t see that guy. Is the god-warrior actually married to him, or did she swap with another family?

Does this place (BJU) have a medical school? And, if so, are its graduates able to practice medicine?

[QUOTE=Diogenes the Cynic]
I think that Monty was referring to 1 Corinthians 14:34.
[/QUOTE]

Only applies in church.

[QUOTE=ralph124c]
Does this place (BJU) have a medical school? And, if so, are its graduates able to practice medicine?
[/QUOTE]

It’s just undergraduate. No worries. And, according to Wiki, it just recently even got accreditation (2005).

[QUOTE=catsix]
I didn’t see that guy. Is the god-warrior actually married to him, or did she swap with another family?
[/QUOTE]

No, it was just a swap.

What was funny was that his real wife lived in god-warrior’s world for a while, and it was clear that her new white friends were unfamiliar with what blacks were all about. They all tended to blame blacks for being lazy and shiftless during Katrina. “Why didn’t they just get in their SUVs and drive out of here?”

My brother is currently getting his masters in divinity at BJU. The indoctrination and isolation really saddens me. When he and my sister-in-law have kids, I’m gonna do my best to show them that there is more to life.

[QUOTE=Monty]
Nope. It’s a “I don’t like their braindead idea that a man’s religion disqualifies hiim from government” thread.
[/QUOTE]
What, you don’t feel that what you have faith in is more important and real than the governments of this world?

[QUOTE=elucidator]
First saw the title, thought “A doctorate degree in Advanced Fellatio”? Hanging out with you guys is totally corrupting!
[/QUOTE]

Brings new meaning to the phrase “oral exams”.