Some questions about "The Shining"

So its Halloween and I just watched this movie for the first time. I must say I really liked it - it had some excellently creepy scenes, and I’m not easily scared by movies.

But I do have a few questions about it…

1. What’s the deal with the dude in the bear costume giving sexual satisfaction to that other guy on the bed?

2. Why did Danny run back in the house??? Please tell me there’s a better explanation than simply to set up the subsequent scenes…:dubious:

1. You have to read the book. It’s in there. If you want to not pay any attention to the book, just write it up as freaky haunted hotel stuff.

2. probably better to hide in a hotel and wait, then hide in the snow and freeze your ass off. Lots of good hiding spaces in the hotel, too bad he didn’t have time to pick a better spot.

Really? What’s it say? Is it relevant?

The deterioration of the Jack Nicholson character is mirrored by the increasing rate of spirit appearances in the hotel. As his madness reaches its climax, so do the spirits progressively run amok. The guy in the bear mask is a ghost who repeats Fellini-esque acts of decadence which had occurred in the past at the old resort.