Something about Funeral posts.

That was done with the suggestion to start a thread about funerary services etc, if he’d like to discuss the topic.

There’s one more in the Pit.

I intentionally left his Pit thread open because hey, it’s the Pit.

I also left his Ask the Funeral Director thread open. If anyone wishes to discuss funeral related things, feel free to do so here:

Don’t worry, once people start dying again, the funeral directors won’t have so much time on their hands and things will go back to normal around here again.

Lucky for us, next week is the Fourth.

Really. It was almost like a spam attack.

Wow! Just five more & you’d have to…unzip.

I agree, some of them got legitimate comments from other users & some, while not front page were not exactly flesh falling off zombies as they were from earlier this year.

According to Asimovian in one of the threads, he was sent a PM.

Ok, I get it. You want to lock the threads. Your call.

But next time I read “CoffinMan, please do not bump every thread that you can find on a topic as you have done here today”, I’m going home.

If you haven’t got anything new to say, don’t say it.

CoffinMan, please do not bump every thread that you can find on a topic as you have done here today.

Melbourne’s not here, Man. He’s gone home.

He was, he responded, and to my knowledge, he did not reanimate any threads after our exchange. As of right now, I don’t think he meant any harm, and was simply looking to contribute to threads where he felt he could speak with some authority.

Only minusly macabre due to his professional subject, I can’t imagine he did anything wrong at all nor why the threads should be closed.
Ending a thread’s life is not to be done lightly.

The part I’m puzzled about is, he’s been here six years. If he were inclined to bump old threads in his area of expertise, why not earlier?

He finally got a computer sophisticated enough to work with our search engine.

At first I thought it was prankination. Coffinman>Resurrect old threads>funerals>zombies. But his answers and input seem genuine and, often, helpful. I no longer think his motives were prankatory in nature, but just a bit unorthodox.

Questions do remain, however. Why the seemingly sudden urge to reanimate? Why no explanation from the man hisself (that I know of)?

“Let’s see–question asked 18 years ago…I should still have time to answer before the funeral.”

Closing a thread is a maintenance issue, as in two people starting one on the same subject. It’s a correction, not a punishment.

Thank goodness this board is moderated. I’ve been on some that weren’t, and one isn’t inclined to stick around long.

It’s just foolishness by easily panicked moderators. I’ve owned a forum for ten years or more, with minimal moderation and it’s very quiet. Moderation is an art not a science.

Ah yes, the “On MY board, I’m a much better moderator!” response. Thanks so much for your time. :rolleyes:

Not particularly, just that moderating* a la* Sheldon Cooper is scarcely useful.
Had those threads continued, with no responses they would have dropped off the new posts list in a few hours; had they been responded to, then that could have added new information and life. Old threads are the lifeblood of this board because it is those that attract new members.