Something about Funeral posts.

Of course you don’t need much moderation on a board that’s very quiet. I’m sure there are tons of very quiet message boards out there. But the SDMB is blessed by not being quiet.

Zombies do not get automatically closed.

18+ zombies all at once that flood the front page, get closed.

I wholeheartedly apologize to everyone for not realizing that commenting on old threads was frowned upon - in thinking about it I can totally understand why this would be the case.

I had been quite a while since I had last been on these boards and I returned after many years of being away and rediscovered just how cool these pages are.

As to why I focused on posts about the funeral industry please know that I was not trying to annoy anyone and that I had no nefarious intentions in doing so. I am a funeral director so I have more information and knowledge about the death care industry than I do about most things. Admittedly I can see I went overboard with this

TBH I did not realize until I received a PM from one of the very patient mods here that what I was doing was inappropriate. By that time, I had commented on so many posts on this subject that a look at these threads now which have been closed can lead one to believe that I kept doing this in spite of being warned.

It was my failing that I was not aware of the rules and I admit that common sense should have prevailed and I should have realized that what I was doing could potentially annoy people.

I do promise that this will not happen again and I will revisit the forum rules so that I do not inadvertently break the rules again. I hope that everyone including the moderators will forgive me for going overboard yesterday - it was a very slow day at the office which in my profession is a good thing.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

CoffinMan, you’ll be the death of me!

There really was some good info in your zombie posts. Plus some good opps for jokes. We live for that, so to speak.

^Good post.

Thank you for your understanding and forgiveness burpo. In revisiting the posts I made on the now locked threads I had resurrected, I saw a number of other users were very annoyed - something I did not realize until it was too late for me to fix. One poster joked that I must be trying to drum up business for myself. More than one basically said “WTF is your problem?”

Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse however it is exactly what my problem was yesterday.

I owe everyone an apology and a drink.

Sounds like you starting your own thread to discuss these topics might be worthwhile!

He has one, an AMA. Which he’s been diligently posting to.

But I suspect the desire to be a positive contributor immediately after returning from hiatus meant contributing to ALL THE ZOMBIES! And all at once.

Diligence and enthusiasm. TBH, not always a combination we expect here all the time. And one our jaded experience tells us to suspect. Sadly.

Welcome back to the fold, CoffinMan.

I think IvoryTowerDenizen is aware of that. I think she had her tongue in her cheek when she posted that. :wink:

This would imply that ITD has a sense of humor, which is demonstrably false.

All right! Mod fight!

I wasn’t really annoyed, CoffinMan, more like perplexed. If you had bumped one or two of the more recent threads, they might not have been locked. Some of them were from almost 15 years ago, though. Your posts might have been taken as good general information, but they were hardly of immediate use to the original posters, some of whom may have been away from the boards longer than you have. It’s usually considered acceptable to bump old threads as long as you have relevant information, but in threads from 2003 or 2004, you run into a point of diminishing returns. The OP and many of the people who originally replied may have been long gone from these forums and are unlikely to see your posts after all that time.

Anyway, it’s not really a complaint. I don’t mean for it to come across like that. I just thought it peculiar that so many old threads were being bumped at one time.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but for some reason I thought the AMA got closed too…

Thems fighting words, big guy.

Meet you at the Ole Mod Corral with banning buttons drawn, at noon.

Sure, but it’s your funera—er, nevermind.

I heard they don’t bury or cremate or nothin’ a mod who dies in a mod duel. They leave 'em there as a warning to future mods. Or to feed the goat. Not sure which.

Fair enough - point well taken and understood.

Thanks for your understanding

That’s unfortunate. I was assuming they would finally give me my mod mug to keep my ashes in.

The Oregon Department of Transportation settled the matter decades ago.

Casket soup?

No, Purple Zombie.

Regards,
Shodan

You should have said you feel mortified.