Something you want to have in ten years

Well, apart from the standard things (my health and that of my family and friends), I’ve always wanted a library. With vertiginous bookshelves groaning with books, and a couple of overstuffed armchairs by a window looking out on verdant garden. I’d have to resist the temptation to buy a smoking jacket, though…

A modular moog synthesizer

To have a steady job and a set career plan

The same figure I have now

The same boyfriend (although he’d probably be a husband by then)

Retired parents who are in good health, and who spend their days playing mahjong

A Singapura cat

A room dedicated just to clothes

A Horde.

And for Cluricaun’s dream to be unrealized, because I hate the idea of paying a monthly fee for anything.

My eyesight.

I would like to see my parents no longer chronically broke, Zamboni Dad with a great job, and Zamboni Mom as a midwife, which has been her lifelong dream. I want to see my Zamboni Brothers and Sisters beginning happy lives.

For myself, I want an old-fashioned Ohio farmhouse on a real farm on the edge of a small woods, a family, and management position. I also want to have one or two books published by then or possibly be a popular op-ed columnist.

One MILLION dollars! A throng of yes men following me around (giving me a semblence of power) Oh yes, my own private army.

Or A nice house (paid for).

My girlfriend to be my wife, 2 kids, some savings, a home, healthy friends and family all around.

Maybe a coupla gold bling bling teef as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

A marriage.

The house I’m building to be finished. Freaking contractors. :dubious:

In ten years I’d like to have…

A good wife.

A car.

Better fitness than I have now.

A much-better-paying job in a different and better field.

Basic fluency in French.

The house paid off (3 years from now if all goes well).

My own firm.

Two more kids if fates allow.

A flying car. Definitely a flying car.

On my 50th birthday, solely through personal savings and investment income, I like to give myself the gift of early but full retirement from the workaday world, living a middle-class existence happily ever after.

Another degree and a Delorean.

These are the remaining things I’ve promised myself to acquire before I allow myself to attend any high school reunion. I’ve already procured my first degree and a Hot Guy, with a bonus diamond ring to boot. :cool:

But seriously, I’d love to have:
[ul]
[li]one or two little Frails underfoot[/li][li]A couple of Mr. Frail’s bestselling novels sitting on my coffee table[/li][li]A job at least as wonderful as my current one[/li][li]A big old house that Mr. Frail and I can remodel and furnish with cool stuff[/li][li]Health, happiness, and enough money that we can give some away.[/li][/ul]

A pulse.

In ten years I’d like to have;

A little more wisdom than I currently possess.

And clarity, that never goes to waste.

In all honesty, don’t care a hoot about the house or any job.

I guess what I hope the most is that I still have the strength of spirit to face any challenge that may come, it’s brought me this far!

My health may fade, other crisis may occur, with spirit I am confident I’ll be okay regardless.

Peace

A big sailboat. And an ocean just beyond the back door (to put it in).

…written a bestselling sci-fi novel about a distant future.