Song Comes True

Last month I mailed the results of a study we had done at work out to a variety of people, including the president of a subsidiary of the company that had ordered the study. His first name was Elvis.

Today I got that item of mail back stamped “Return to Sender” with “No such number” checked.

Life imitates art. The worse art, the more likely it gets imitated. That’s what’s wrong with the world.

“You shall know the truth
And the truth shall make you flee” - Lazarus Long

I’m all shook up.

Poor mike, let me be your teddy bear.

Just add water, it makes it’s own sauce!

You know, we can’t go on with suspicious minds.

BurnMeUp: Thank you, thank you very much.

For a moment, I thought the thread title was “Song Sung Blue,” and I was gonna smack the Neil Diamond fan.

“I love God! He’s so deliciously evil!” - Stewie Griffin, Family Guy

:::making note to quote “Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show” the next time Phil and I get into a religion thread in GD::::
:wink:

day is done… etc. etc… so… Turn Me Loose!!

Well, this thread just made me laugh right out loud…in fact,
I’m itching like a man on a fuzzy tree
My friends say I’m actin’ queer as a bug. Of course, they say that a lot. Hmmmmmm.

Some mornings it just doesn’t seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
http://www.angelfire.com/ny3/zettecity/index.html

Treat me like a fool, treat me mean and cruel…ooops…that’s the Pit…sorry.

JB
Lex Non Favet Delictorum Votis

That address didn’t happen to be… here it comes… in The Ghetto by chance? :slight_smile:

AND I DONT KNOW IF I HAVE EVER BEEN REALLY LOVED BY A HAND THATS TOUCHED ME…

PolyCarp: You ain’t nothing but a hound dog, posting around her all the time.

Folks, you’re going to be hearing a lot of rumors, so I want to twell you this write up front–

Billy Jean is NOT my lover

–John

Background: Six years ago I had a girlfriend named Natalie. I had a surefire way of getting to stay over at her apartment… the first verse and chorus of Gin Blossom’s “Hey Jealousy” always made her mushy and affectionate.

I can’t say I was happy when she left me for someone taller and wealthier.

So last Valentine’s Day I’m verry drunk and walking alone down vacant Belden Street in Chicago, past Oscar Mayer Elementary School (really). The snow is falling thick and quiet, and I’m being melancholy and singing out loud to myself… “Tell me do you think it’d be alright…if I could just crash here tonight…”

I happen to look down into the snow and there’s a kid’s Valentine card lying at my feet, in an unaddressed little envelope. I opened it and read the two words written in loopy cursive inside: “Love, Natalie”.

awww…

snif

Is this like at the end of “Clambake” when Shelley Fabere and the big dog come in and romp around with Elvis in the waves and you know everything’s gonna be OK??? No, that didn’t make any sense either…
Well,TCB…