Song Torture-You Pick

I need you two pick two songs:
The first one is one you will listen to over and over again with no breaks for 48 hours.
The second one is one your greatest enemy will have to listen to with no breaks for 48 hours.

1. This song will be the only thing you hear for 48 hours…even in your sleep.
  2. The song must be between 1’30" and 7’ long.
  3. No silent musical compositions.

If you try to find a workaround for these simple rules, I will choose either “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” or “Music Box Dancer” for you to listen to, while your greatest enemy sips craft beer while listening to you whimper and/or scream. :smiley:

For me, it would be The theme music from “Puppet Master”.
For my greatest enemy it would be this delightful Disney ditty, “It’s A Small World After All”.

I could listen to Andre Segovia or Alex de Grassi for 48 hours… I’ll select this one

My enemy is going to get an earful of Barney the purple dinosaur singing “I love you, you love me”

I’d force myself to listen to Hand Of Glory by Relapse Cult; it’s easily my favorite song of all time. I can and have listened to nothing but this song for weeks on end.

Frankly, I have a lot of choices for what I’d force my enemy to listen to, but I guess I’ll go with Shock Attrition (Control In Decline) by Revenge; it’s a brutally atonal and nearly arrhythmic assault aided by strategically poor production that doesn’t let up for it’s 4 minute and 2 second length. And since I know my enemy wouldn’t be a huge grindcore fan, this isn’t going to be a pleasant 48 hours for them.

The 48 hour one cannot be a song I love a lot because then I’d hate it after a while and I don’t want that. Something soft and mellow that can melt into the background while I live my life. Spyro Gyra’s Morning Dance.

My enemies can deal with Yoko and John’s Were All Water.

I’ll listen to Free Bird. There is probably a studio version somewhere short enough to qualify…or hell, I’ll cheerfully ignore the time limit because that’s what I do.

My enemy will be listening to Baby Shark.

For my 48 hours, I’d go with Right Here, Right Now by Fatboy Slim. Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now - YouTube

To torture someone else? Maybe Honey, by Bobby Goldsboro.

The rules don’t state it has to be the same recording, just the same song.

1. I’d go with Little Wing or Worried Life Blues. Lots of different covers of those.
  2. The Song That Never Ends

[Flips coin]Congratulations! You get to listen to “Music Box Dancer” for 48 hours!

The is no song I would listen to without a break more than three times. I’m congenitally annoyed by repetition. I suppose I could make do with something like Beethoven’s Ninth, but not for 48 hours.

For an enemy I’d go with “Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.”

I would go with “Sadness Part 2” because I think I can sleep through it too.

For my enemy either “Panama” by Van Halen (hark back to a Drew Carey episode) or “They’re coming to take you away” OR (if this qualifies as a song, since they use this in some pretty hardcore POW training):

For me, Float On by Modest Mouse.

For my enemy, Emotions by Mariah Carey. That’s the one where she suddenly starts squealing like nails on the blackboard for no reason.

Ever hear Leslie Fish’ version of “Boots”?

Less creepy. :slight_smile:

For me, Ghost - Dance Macabre…I tend to listen to it repeatedly, anyway. (Preferably the album version, since the lead in to the video is a bit overlong, but I could deal with that, too.)
For my enemy… Mad Scientist Cackle The Cuppycake Song.

Oops, I just reread and realized Cuppycake is too short. So I swap for this. (Which I actually like, but I know I am unusual in this.)

Since this song is currently my earworm, I’ll subject myself to Foster the People’s Warrant.

My worst enemies, real and imagined, will be tortured with Dexys Midnight Runners “Come on Eileen.”

Sorry, but that song is only 56" long.

The time limit definitely makes this challenging.

For me, “Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone,” the Temptations. There are various edits but the one in my library is precisely 6:59.

For my enemy, “Once You Understand,” Think. This might actually constitute a crime against humanity.

I’ll have Deep Blue Day by Eno / Lanois from the Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks album. Absolutely dreamy piece of ambient music. You may recognise it from the “Scotland’s worst toilet” scene in Trainspotting.

For all your enemy irking needs, I offer you the gift of The Birdie Song