Songs based on books/tv shows/movies

I’m putting together a trivia night game and I want to make one of the categories songs based on a Book, tv show, or a movie. (OR BTM from now on)

I’m also looking for examples where a song has the same name of a BTM but isn’t related. (For example - Iron Maiden - Stranger In a Strange Land is not based on the Book)

Also acceptable is if a song has a quote from a TM (no B), but isn’t related - (Example - Guns N Roses Civil War’s Cool Hand Luke Intro)

Does anyone have any ideas so I can have a bunch of questions that have a bit of variety to them instead of just my areas I know best?

Some quick examples of what I have:
Books:
Iron Maiden - The Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner - based on the short story of the same name
Iron Maiden - To Tame a Land - Based on the book Dune
Iron Maiden - Murders in the Rue Morgue - Based on the story by Poe
Iron Maiden - Rime Of the Ancient Mariner - Poem of the same name
Anthrax - Among the Living - Based on The Stand by Stephen King
Anthrax - A Skeleton in the Closet - Based on the short story Apt Pupil by Stephen King
Anthrax - Misery Loves Company - Based on Misery by Stephen King (Theme here?)

Movies:
Iron Maiden - Where Eagles Dare (also book)
Iron Maiden - Children of the Damned (movie of same name)

TV Shows:
Anthrax - Black Lodge - Based on Twin Peaks
Anthrax - The Constant - Based on Lost (The Desmond/Penny storyline)
Iron Maiden - The Prisoner - TV Show of the same name
Iron Maiden - Back in the Village - also based on the Prisoner

Thanks in advance…

“1984” by Spirit, though it’s a reference to the year with a nod toward the book. Still, it’s not about the book.

“Debaser” by The Pixies strongly references the film Un Chien Andalou. Is it “about” the movie though?

Misfits - Shining - based on the movie Poltergeist
Misfits - This Island Earth - Movie of the same name
Misfits - Return of the Fly - Movie of the same name
Alice Cooper - Back to School - about the movie of the same name
Vandals - Small Wonder - mocking the TV show

Charlie Don’t Surf – The Clash – Movie: Apocalypse Now

Examples of ecphrasis

Counting Crows - “Rain King” - based on “Henderson the Rain King” by Saul Bellows

they also reference it again in their song “Goodnight Elizabeth”

There’s a song, “Brave” by Josh Groban. It doesn’t seem to be about the Pixar movie of the same name.

“Ramble On” by Led Zeppelin has all sorts of references to Lord of the Rings. They also refer to the trilogy in “Misty Mountain Hop” and “No Quarter.”

“Brave New World” by the Steve Miller Band takes the title from the book, but little else.
“Take the Money and Run” by Steve Miller has the same title as a Woody Allen film.
The Four Seasons’s “Big Girls Don’t Cry” is based upon a line from the movie Slightly Scarlet

Also: everything on the Alan Parson Project’s first album

Also, “The Stand” by The Alarm

DJ Shadow - “What Does Your Soul Look Like, Part 1” contains, among a lot of other things, audio from John Carpenter’s Prince of Darkness at the very end.

Weird Al has several songs about specific TV shows.

Isaac’s Lament (Uncle Bonsai) is about someone who kills himself when he hears that The Love Boat has been cancelled.

One of my favorite CDs is Songs of Terror: A Gothic Tribute to Edgar Allan Poe. Each song is devoted to a different story or poem.
There’s also a Wikipedia page of songs that refer to or are dedicated to EAP, listed chronologically (the above album isn’t on the list.):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Allan_Poe_and_music

Black Sabbath’s name AND their first song were inspired by an Italian horror anthology film starring Boris Karloff.

Deep Blue Something had the song “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” which is really more about a romantic relationship that’s falling apart than about Truman Capote’s novel or Audrey Hepburn’s movie.

U2 has a song called “Vertigo,” which has nothing to do with Hitchcock’s classic.

Power Station (featuring Robert Palmer, Tony Thompson, and some refugees from Duran Duran) had a hit called “Some Like It Hot” that had no connection to the TOny Curtis/Jack Lemmon comedy.

Metallica had a song called “Unforgiven,” but it had no connection to Clint Eastwood’s OScar-winning movie.

The Byrds had a song called “Space Odyssey” which was a musical retelling of the basic plotline of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

How about “Nightmare on My Street” by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince? It’s a comical rap song about Freddy Krueger.

Near the end of “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister, you can hear singer Dee Snider shouting Niedermeyer’s lines from National Lampoon’s Animal House. “You’re all worthless and weak! Now, drop and give me 20!”

Austin Roberts’ biggest hit was the tearjerker “Rocky,” which was not related to Sylvester Stallone’s Oscar-winning boxing movie.

Rob Zombie’s song “Dragula” refers to the car from The Munsters.

More Weird Al: Both "Yoda" and "The Saga Begins" are about specific Star Wars movies.

“Banditos” by the Refreshments has a few lines about Jean-Luc Picard.

Here’s a whole bunch of other ideas. “Bat Country” by Avenged Sevenfold is a good one.