Songs no one knows the words to

Excluding the foreign ones like Dominique what are some songs that you hear people singing; that these people obviously don’t have a clue to what the words are (huh?). What I mean is does anyone know the words to Informer by Snow. Yet everyone was singing it. What are other songs like that?

Dominique, nique, nique
S’en allait tout simplement
Au ciel, pauvre et chantant

En tous chemins, en tous lieux
Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu
Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu :slight_smile:

Louie, Louie comes to mind: but then, nobody’s singing that one!

Show off :slight_smile:

Yes but do you know what it means in English?

Jesus, who whould be SINGING that? NUN I would say.

Markxxx: Basically the story of a poor, singing guy who’s on his way to heaven all the while praising the name of the Lord (could be ARG ;))

P.S.: Song goes on, but I don’t remember the rest.

Phobia: You nailed it. The song was indeed made popular by a French nun accompanying herself on guitar. Topped the charts in the mid 60’s. IIRC, it was her one and only.

This isn’t really what you asked – but I’ve always been puzzled by the chorus to Blinded by the Light.

Doesn’t stop me from singing along, but I sure don’t know the words.

I will sing along to the French part of Hold on Tight and the Spanish parts of La Paloma Blanca too.

No clue. Just like how it sounds. Lord only knows what I’m singing.

I can’t get the words to the new Red Hot Chilli Peppers song. I like it a lot, but just cant understand what he says before “…it’s a lonely view” Anyone know?

Here you go Auntie:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Hall/1836/blinded.html

Didn’t know lyrics were by Springsteen, though.

My earliest recollection of a song sung by me with at least half the words missing: Like A Rolling Stone, by mumblin’ Bob Dylan.

Another one is House of the Rising Sun, by the Animals (a classic!)

how 'bout “it’s the end of the world as we know it”? i don’t think stipe even knows what he’s singing half the time.

ellis

The lyrics to the Red Hot Chili Peppers song go
With the birds I’ll share
With the birds I’ll share this lonely
view

Kiss this guy

Omniescientnot – thanks!

GuanoLad… LOL!

Will you marry me?

OfficeGirl’s Cubicle Farm

“Argue for your limitations; sure enough, they’re yours.”

“Auld Lang’s Aye” (or however you spell it).

First verse is always followed by drunken “Blah, blah, blah blah” the one day of the year we sing it.

Yer pal,
Satan

What OfficeGirl said, GuanoLad. :wink: That site is great!

You know i’ve been to that kissthisguy web site before, some of those sound despirately made up by people looking for something to post.

Don’t let the loveless ones sell you a world wrapped in grey.

Auld Lang Syne
In American: Old Long Since
(Here’s to absent friends and great deeds of long ago)
http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/lyrics/auldlang.html

WOTSB

Woohoo! I don’t care if it’s bigamy, I say YES! :slight_smile: :wink: :slight_smile:

I used to crack up my husband by singing utterly wrong things to “Hmm-Bop” when it was being played incessently a couple of years ago. I don’t think there are any actual words. It’s something along the lines of:

Hmm-bop, shiba sch-wa
doo-bop, doo-whee alah
hmm-bop, doooooooo, ye-ah ye-ah

(not that I’m losing any sleep over it.)

I know some people won’t like this, but here is the partial lyric Iadd to “Dominique”:
En ni chemin ni autre lieu
Il ne parle rien du bon Dieu…
In case you’re interested, it meaans he never says anything about God. In the first verse, in French, it refers to Dominique aiding in the slaughter of the Albigenses, a non-Catholic sect. :frowning:

“If you drive an automobile, please drive carefully–because I walk in my sleep.”–Victor Borge