Songs that change completely (and stay that way) somewhere in the song.

I’m talking about songs that start out and establish a certain tune and melody and speed…and then it gets totally changed (almost to a whole new song) somewhere in it and stays like that (or continues to change) for the rest.
I’m not talking about the chorus, which is different from the song, but that most songs have. I’m talking about a complete change in everything.

Here’s some examples:

Take Me Out (at :56)

We Are Young (at :49)

Paradise By the Dashboard Light (first at 3:17 and then again at 4:29 and possibly again at 6:57)

At first, I thought they were just a form of a song’s intro, but when I looked up “Songs that have an intro”, I get nothing but pages of music intros (guitars, etc). Plus those intros all seemed to still be in tune with the rest of the song. I’m talking about songs that change the tune and melody completely.

Any more like this that people know of?

Would Bohemian Rhapsody fit the bill?

Oh yeah, duh. I can’t believe I forgot that one.

one by Metallica

FIRST

Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey

Protip: Stop listening after Uncle Albert.

“Layla”

Haha HMS was posting while I was deciding that “Uncle Albert/Admiral Hasley” was two different t songs :wink:

WIN. But Layla is a good one too.

Happiness Is A Warm Gun

I think Band on the Run qualifies too, with 2 distinct changes before the rain exploded with a mighty crash.

OK, giving it up to Ranger Jeff and Marlonoius.

ETA: May I state the obvious, Sir Paul was a damned good songsmith, but I wish he’d made these songs solid standalone tunes.

Let us not forget A Day in the Life by that Beatle group.
mmm

Genesis - “The Cinema Show”
Yes - “I’ve Seen All Good People”

Yes, “I’ve Seen All Good People/Your Move”.

Paul Simon - Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes

Boy and Bear, “Milk & Sticks” (Boy & Bear - Milk & Sticks (Official Video) - YouTube)
Change at 2:40.

Actually, although I have listened to this song many times, looking it up just now is the first time I had seen the video for it.

“In Dreams” is A-B-C-D-E-F

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage

“Streets of Sorrow” by the Pogues.

Jon and Vangelis - “The Friends of Mr. Cairo” morphs just past the 5:15 mark.

Free Bird–starts kinda ballady, ends in Southern-fried guitar boogie.