Songs that must not be played at all.

carefully hides her Meat Loaf collection

I actually own an entertaining version of Seasons In The Sun. When it’s sped up about three times and punked out, it’s rather more enjoyable.

That said, if I never hear Adia by Sarah McLachlan again, I will die a happy ninja.

It’s not that it’s really a bad song. It’s not that I don’t like McLachlan and her wheezy flat voice. It’s quite charming sometimes.

But holy hell, they played that song one out of every five for four years on the same radio station. I punch my radio whenever I hear the song come on again. :mad:

Holy flying fuck, but do I hate that goddamn song.

Also “In The Year 2525,” by Zager & Evans.

And “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves.

“Total Eclipse of the Heart”- Bonnie Tyler has a goat voice. I would rather listen to the vocalizations of farm animals than listen to her sing. And the lyrics are just plain whiney. The title metaphor is pathetic.

Every time she sings, “THERE’S NOTHING I CAN SAYYYYY, A TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART!” I just want to get the shotgun and put her out of her misery.

“BAH-AH-AH-AH-AH!”

BLAM! BLAM!

thump

Are you… ME?

“The Joker” is the worst abomination ever thrust upon mankind. When historians look back at the 1970s, “The Joker” will undoubtedly unseat Watergate as the worst event of the decade.

Huh… I had no idea there was so much Joker hate.

Now this is a song I hate!

Freebird.

Ugh…I just threw up in my mouth a little.

“Timothy”

“He Hit Me and it Felt Like a Kiss”

If cannibalism and domestic violence didn’t bring the thread down enough, there’s another:

Die Wacht am Rhein

**Slow Ride ** by Foghat. Just shoot me already.

The “Hey there Delilah something something whine whine whine” song.

Ah, apparently it’s called “Hey Delilah” by the Plain White T’s. Has anyone else had the misfortune of hearing it? It’s squeaky, whiney, and the singer sounds like he’s still in the middle of puberty. I don’t know why, but it sends me into an angry rage whenever that song comes on (and of course my family thinks it’s funny so they turn it up even more). It’s like nails on the chalkboard of my soul.

Last Kiss by, well, anybody.

Also, Leader of the Pack, Tell Laura I Love Her, and Teen Angel.

Anybody beginning to see a pattern here?

And let’s throw in Honey, I’ve Never Been to Me, Havin’ My Baby, and Feelings, in no particular order.

No. “The Joker” is a great song. I used hate that song once too so I know where you are coming from. Then, one day, something clicked, and I realized what a rockin’ tune this really is. “I get my lovin’ on the ruuun!” Yeah! Rock on Steve Miller!

My additions are “Take the Long Way Home” and “Give a Little Bit” by Supertramp. I hate Supertramp. “American Woman” by the Guess Who can be erased from human history. The remakes by the Goo Goo Dolls :rolleyes: (stupid band name) and Lenny Kravitz respectively can disappear forever too please. Thanks.

AC/DC - their entire catalog sucks.

Black Sabbath/Ozzy Ozbourne - Go away! I never want to hear of them again.

You got a brand new pair of rollerskates, I got a brand new key …

I know this thread is about songs most of us would recognize, but when I read the OP I couldn’t help to think of My Gift To You Is My Words by Black Nova. Even someone who normally enjoys even the rawest black metal should be horrified by this.

That would be “All-Star” by Smash Mouth. I remember a behind-the-scenes thing about the making of Shrek where the producers were trying to figure out what to do with the opening credits and eventually just said “screw it, let’s just go with All Star.”
D

Some more nominations in this thread from a while back.

Oh Gods, yes, I hate that fucking song!! And “Barracuda” by Heart. Also deserves to be banished from this planet and all equivalent universes!

“DOA”- Bloodrock. (1971?) Ultimate bummer song.

How about Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft?

:smiley:

A-a-afternoon deelight!

This is the only song on the list I wholeheartedly agree with. Sir, your foundation has my undying support. But it’s not enough to destroy every recording of it. We must also erase every digital copy of it from everyone’s hard drive and mp3 player if we want to truly stamp it out.

Most of the rest are my favorites. Especially “Working For the Weekend,” “Centerfield,” “Paradise By the Dashboard Light,” and “The Joker.”