Number 9

Number 9

Number 9

Number 9

Number 9

Number 9

Number 9

“Butterfly Kisses” - Bob Carlyle.
“Christmas Shoes” - whatever bastard unleashed it on the world.
“Say a Little Prayer” - is that Diana Ross?
“Everlasting Love” (from those eHarmony commercials)

Yes, I hate glurge.

“Japan” - CocoRosie (sounds like Bjork recorded a children’s album, and I don’t like Bjork to begin with.)

Anything by Creed, Nickelback, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Hinder, Slipknot, Linkin Park, any band that would get used as a WWE wrestler’s theme music… I have zero tolerance for modern hard rock.

Anything by Aerosmith. I’ve decided they represent everything corny and embarrassing about rock music.

Say A Little Prayer is, IIRC a Bacharach-David song, performed by Dionne Warwick.

And An Everlasting Love is Natalie Cole.

I’m not going to degrade my computer by using it to look up the perpetrator of The Christmas Shoes.

Anything that has made it to AM radio is better than some stuff locked in the bowels of albums. Number 9 has already been mentioned - I submit for your consideration Sing this All Together (and See what happens) from Satanic Majesties - seven minutes and fifty-eight seconds of evidence that listening to stoned Stones pound on instruments is not amusing. It makes Revolution No. 9 seem like a dance track.

Now, for more normal fare, I suggest Brandy and Wildfire. I can only hope that somewhere in musicland Wildfire has kicked the shit out of Brandy and then been driven off a cliff. Oh, and the sailor has been disemboweled by pirates, and then drowned.

I’ll agree that the audio can be never heard, but the video MUST be kept so that women and gay men can enjoy Robbie undressing his lovely body.

I’ll nominate “You’re Beautiful” by James Blunt

Madonna’s Music. This song embodies everything wrong with music nowadays…

Jack and Diane - John (Cougar) Mellencamp
I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
American Woman, or just about anything by the Guess Who. Terrible, terrible stuff.

Tina Turner’s Simply The Best, probably a few others of hers too (that one from the Mad Max movie, for example).

Bad to the Bone by George Thoroughgood(sp?) Aw fuck it, his whole catalog. Once I heard a parody of his Get a Haircut and Get a Real Job in which the title line was sung: “Get some lessons and learn some new chords.” It was a thing of beauty.

Hotel California by the Eagles.

Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard.

Post Back in Black AC/DC.

and of course, Freebird.

Whenever a James Taylor (he doesn’t deserve bolding) song comes on the radio, the station gets changed immediately and I have visions of Belushi smashing that lame folkie’s guitar in Animal House.

Anything by Norah Jones. For more than a year, you couldn’t walk into a Borders or Barnes & Noble without hearing her over the sound system.

“Like a Bird” by Nelly Furtado.

“Hallelujah” by, um, I forget. Every single damn TV drama used it in one of their crappy musical montages that are all the rage these days for some Christless reason.

Musical montages on TV shows in general, for that matter.

Easy now, I have to defend Nickelback.

The angst of “The Long Road” saw me through a painful divorce.

That said I’ve had little use for it since.

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald” - Gordon Lightfoot

again with “The Joker

I hate “Silvia’s Mother”, “Delilah” and “Holly Holy” with all my heart.

“Horse With No Name,” "Tin Man, " - oh, hell, anything by America!

I Will Survive- Gloria Gaynor (why must this be played at every single frappin’ wedding?)
It’s Raining Men- The Weather Girls
Celebration- Kool & The Gang (ditto with the wedding thing)
My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion

Although I’m pretty neutral about most of the stuff that’s been mentioned, we’ve got some good hatred goin’ here, people! I’m gonna heap some more scorn on the dreck that is “Hey There Delilah”. But the song that makes me absolutely homicidal is that shite “Bubbly” by that twat Colbie Callait. She needs to be neck chopped.

Let me know where I can send a contribution.

Nazareth, “Love Hurts.” Yeah, and so does your lead singer’s voice. :mad:

Some songs I used to utterly loathe and punch the radio dial like Ali-Frazier after 1 second of play. Like anything by the Spin Doctors. But, I’ve gotten over them. They’re actually kinda OK now.

But, I still hate Come on Eilleen by Dexis Midnight Runners as much as the entire Muslim world hates Israel. As much as Dick Cheney hates being outbid. As much as terrorists hate freedom.

[sub]One band I should hate, but I don’t: Nickelback. They’re a guilty pleasure.[/sub]

Anything and everything by Lenny Kravitz.

And you can pry “Seasons In The Sun” from my cold dead hands. (which doesn’t sound like it will be much of a problem for most of the planet actually.)

Toss Genesis/Phil Collins and Yes on the pyre also. Pretty please. I promise to never play Seasons In The Sun where any other sentient creature can hear it.

:smiley: I made the mistake of asking about the Plain White T’s on this board because I like the song. Instead of telling me about the group as I asked, everyone came in to tell me the song sucked. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am pretty apathetic about most of the songs in the this thread. Some I like, some not so much, but I don’t have strong feeling for most of them.

However, I must echo:
the Barking Dogs version of Jingle Bells.
Horse With No Name

And while we are at it, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer!