Songs that must not be played at all.

“Everybody’s Working for the Weekend” - Loverboy

“Centerfield” - John Fogerty

“Oh Sherrie” - Steve Perry

Blech.

Robbie Williams - “Rock DJ”

“We Built This City” - Starship

That “hey now, you’re a rockstar…” song that was used for 99% of every movie trailer a couple years ago.

Anything by Bob Seeger.

Centerfield is awesome! You must hate baseball, you … you … un-American swine!

Now Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. There really is just no excuse for writing that song, or singing it, or singing it the way they recorded it, or somehow doing it at the right time in history to have it hit the pop charts, or to have it continue to receive airplay on “oldies” channels.

What robardin said. Do you hate softball, too?

To that I would add the entire Gary Puckett misogynistic catalog, including This Girl Is a Woman Now and Woman, Woman.

And the Barking Dogs version of Jingle Bells !

Hey… I like some of these songs too. You, you… philistines.

I submit anything by Meat Loaf. The irredeemable “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” makes my ears bleed. When any of Mr. Loaf’s songs come on the radio, I hit the dial faster than a bat out of hell.

Everything by Nickelback and Creed. Are there actually people who listen to these bands? How can this be?

But I love Steve Perry.

“Centerfield” is high on my list of “songs so unbelievably annoying that, should I ever meet the artist in an out-of-the-way place, I’d consider beating him/her with a crowbar.”

I keep that list in my wallet.

Seasons in the Sun. I’m planning to start a foundation to buy every remaining copy of this record and drop 'em all down a radioactive mineshaft.

“Who Let the Dogs Out?” -Baha Men
“Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” Aerosmith

I guess you never fell in love with your team’s beautiful second-baseperson the summer when that came out.

It was “our” song. (sigh)

Carry on…

“The joker” - Steve Miller.

The only song that would guarantee that I’d change the radio channel (back when I lived somewhere where the radio station was worth listening to). It’s just so… horrible.

I always post the same three songs in this type of thread, but it remains true…

Anybody’s version of Mony Mony- it makes me not want to go to weddings.

Susudio by Phil Collins (and let’s throw in Invisible Touch for good measure).

That Friends themesong that somehow went horribly awry and became the real song I’ll Be There For You.

All of those songs make me feel stabby.

I agree with all these. I’d like to live in a world where all those songs were banished from existence. As long as we get to keep the barking dogs version of “Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer”

I thought the OP’s song was Centerfold by J. Geils Band and was half thinking “hey, I kinda like that.”

Seconded, except I don’t even want it tainting the planet; incinerate em all, I sez.

:frowning: I have and play regularly most of the songs mentioned above. I’ll leave the thread now before I get beat up for my lunch money.

I nominate Stairway to Heaven and Freebird to this list