Songs that never fail to put you in a bouncy mood

After reading the sad songs thread and listening to Built To Spill’s “Twin Falls Idaho” (a rather bittersweet song) I HAD to put in “Abbey Road” to snap me out of my melancholia. “Two Of Us” is one of those songs that never fails to make my head bob in rhythm - it’s sweet, catchy, and just bouncy.

Other songs like that: “Philadelphia Freedom” by Elton John; “What Is Life” by George Harrison; “Good Vibrations” by the Beach Boys; “Roller Derby Queen” by Jim Croce; somewhat embarrassingly, “Here and Now” by Letters to Cleo…gimme a C! A bouncy C! Or failing that, a bouncy song! So…do you have any?

[sub]And if anyone posts “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” I will be forced to exsanguinate you with a toothpick.[/sub]

“Love Shack” by the B-52s.

Actually, just about anything by the B-52s.
“Bang, bang, bang, on the door, baby…”

It’s the End of the World (and I Feel Fine) - REM

“I Believe in Miracles” by Hot Chocolate, and, weirdly enough, “No More Mr. Nice Guy”, by Alice Cooper. And that “If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife” song. Oh yeah, & Adam Sandler’s “Ode to My Car”, if that counts as a song.

I’m in a bouncy mood just thinking about these songs!!

“The Pop Singer’s Fear of the Pollen Count” by The Divine Comedy. If that one doesn’t put you in a bouncy mood, check for rigor mortis.
Also, “Flip Your Wig” by Husker Du, “I’m The Only One” by The Go-Go’s, “Interesting Drug” by Morrissey,“Can’y Hardly Wait” by The Replacements, and “A Little Respect” by Erasure. And, just to be a jackass music snob, “Two of Us” is on Let It Be, not Abbey Road. :smiley:

Most definately Sue!

Also:
Tom Cochrane - Life is a Highway
INXS - Good Times
The Kinks - Hatred

I vote for “Don’t Let’s Start” by They Might Be Giants or No Doubt’s “Just A Girl” never fails to get me bopping around the house.

The best song to put you in a bouncy mood has got to be “Jump Around” by House of Pain. Even though I amo probably to get away with it anymore I still like to play loud music in car, boat whatever when I drive by people.

And whenever people just hear that song they start to bob their head. Can’t get more “bouncy” than that.

So I declare I win this thread. :smiley:

I agree with cher3 that just about anything by the B-52’s will snap me out of the worst bad mood. But if my copy of “Cosmic Thing” isn’t readily available, some of my other favorites are:

“Beep Beep”-Louis Prima
“Jump, Jive and Wail”-ditto
“Roller Derby Queen”-Jim Croce
“Tequila”-The Ventures
“Cadillac Ranch”-Bruce Springsteen
“Look At That Cadillac”-Stray Cats
“Rapture”-Blondie

Any or all of these are guaranteed to make me feel better.

Regards,

Zappo

You know, as much of a Beatles fan as I am, every single stinkin’ time I post something Beatles-related on this board I screw it up. Of course you’re right. I was looking at the Abbey Road case sitting on my desk. I humbly apologize.

Wildest Bill, you RULE!!

“Word to your moms,
I came to drop bombs,
I got more rhymes than the Bible’s got psalms”…

…admit it, everybody, you’re bouncing in your seat RIGHT NOW. I know I am.

Okay, I know I’m weird…

Closer - Nine Inch Nails
Dark Entries - Bauhaus
Detonation Boulevard - Sisters of Mercy
Bloodletting - Concrete Blonde
Just about anything by Jimi Hendrix or Thin Lizzy
Modern Love - David Bowie
Bob Wills is Still the King - Waylon Jennings
Sedated - Ramones

Okay, I know I’m weird…

Closer - Nine Inch Nails
Dark Entries - Bauhaus
Detonation Boulevard - Sisters of Mercy
Bloodletting - Concrete Blonde
Just about anything by Jimi Hendrix or Thin Lizzy
Modern Love - David Bowie
Bob Wills is Still the King - Waylon Jennings

Sorry about the doubling there

“Life’s Been Good” by Joe Walsh
“The Boys are Back in Town” by Thin Lizzy
“Jump Jive and Wail” by well, pretty much anyone
“Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf
“Cracklin Rosie” by Neil Diamond
“Good Work” by BoDeans
“Summer in the Sandbox” by Domestic Problems
“Thunder Road” by Bruce Springsteen
“Ghost Riders in the Sky” by the Outlaws

No particular reasons. These are just songs I play a lot before I head out on the town, or while out on the town.

Sorry, couldn’t forget this one - “Coconut” by whoever (it’s on the Resevoir Dogs soundtrck…“you put the lime in the coconut you drink ‘em bot’ up…”)

Also, “Flowers on the Wall” off the Pulp Fiction one.

And just about anything from the Boomtown Rats.

“My Sharona” by the Knack
“Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves
and I have to agree with “Sedated”, there, FallenAngel! Good one!

Couple of Jimmy Buffett songs that do the trick for me: One Particular Harbor (preferably the live version) and Love and Luck. His latest live album has both songs on it, so it’s quite the mood enhancer to drive down the highway, windows open and CD blasting.

“Many Miles Before I Go” by John Hiatt.

Hm.

I was looking over these bouncy tunes and realized that they make me far more depressed than the Saddest of Sad songs.