Songs you do not need to hear again in this lifetime

Toss in *Sweet Home Alabama * while you’re at it. I think *Free Bird * and *Sweet Home Alabama * are both good songs, but I’ve heard so many times (often from a neighbor’s booming car stereo when I was trying to sleep) that I wouldn’t miss 'em if I never heard 'em again.

I once had a neighbor who played the Allman Brothers constantly. If he was awake and at home, he was playing the Allman Brothers, usually at high volume. Numerous complaints and even visits from the police never stopped him for long. (Can you say “drunken a**hole”? I knew you could! Yo, bro! Sober up and get a job!) It was seven or eight years after moving away from that place before I could enjoy the Allman Brothers again.

Lonesome Polecat’s story reminded me…because of my ex-husband’s endless high volume playing of the Beach Boys, I can never hear them again. I used to think of them as harmless radio filler, and now they are the fate worse than death. I would sooner choose to listen to cats fucking.

I tended bar for 5 years. I have no need to ever hear “Margaritaville” again as long as I live.

And no Steve Miller Band just because I don’t like the Steve Miller Band.

“Breakfast in America” by Supertramp. Or anything by Supertramp, really.

…no Dio, we don’t. You’re too old to rock, no more rocking for you.

I started a thread on this subject a year or so ago, with the difference that you could only list songs you liked (or once liked) that you never need to hear again.

That would be the Doors, Bob. Nothing wrong with the Doors. I used to listen to the Doors. I never need to hear another Doors song, for the rest of my life.

How 'bout “We Built This City on Rock and Roll”

Where’s the puky smiley when you need it?

ANYTHING at all by Hillary Duff. I hate her voice. She could ruin a good song.

Same here. Hate that song.

I think I could live a happy life if I never heard Who Let the Dogs Out again. I remember in the 2000 postseason, when the Giants were playing the Mets (?), the local sports guy would show clips of fans from SF and NY each “claiming” that song for their team. I thought, “Why the fuck are we fighting over this?!”

Anything by the Eagles.

The Twelve Days of Christmas or any variant thereof.

Word.

The one about heaven a place on earth

:eek: Blasphemy !!! :eek:

Anything by the Eagles or Steve Miller Band.
ESPECIALLY Hotel California.
And Fly like an Eagle or whatever the feck that fecking sing is called.
And the stupid one that starts with something studid about being called a space cowboy.
No more Margaritaville, while we’re at it.

No more Christmas carols, either. They’re burned into my psyche, and I don’t even believe in Jebus.

Ditto Steve Miller, especially Space Cowboy. Yech.

Summer Breeze by Seals and Crofts is my nominee. When we drove from Boston to Florida to see the Apollo XVII launch, it was played every other slot.

Oddly, Crocodile Rock was played when Summer Breeze wasn’t. and I still don’t mind it. I can do without Candles in the Wind, though. Or the Princess Goddess version.

I don’t listen to schlock radio much anymore, but has MacArthur’s Park been banned due to Dave Barry’s fine efforts? That would usually show up on a list like this.

Mc Hammer - U Can’t Touch This
50 Cent - In Da Club
Queen - Don’t Stop Me Now

Reported dead, primary suspects include several cheesy student clubs.

The Friends Theme (The Rembrandts - I’ll Be There For You, apparently). I know it’s barely played outside of the show, but that’s still too much.

Seconded… They played that at my high school graduation. Try walking out with a straight face when that’s playing. I suppose it didn’t help that the only suggestions we made were Flight of the Valkyries and The Imperial March.

Christmas music.

If I never, ever hear another Christmas song, it won’t be soon enough. We start getting swamped with them before Labor Day. I’m not joking. There is a store that I will no longer frequent because they started playing Christmas music on the p.a. and had decorations up the week before Labor Day.

They’re now on the radio, on the TV, on the p.a.s everyfrigginwhere. I sometimes want to crawl into a cave for the last quarter of the year.

That would be “The Joker”.

C’mon, now. Steve loves your peaches and wants to shake your tree. Doesn’t that count for something? :smiley:
As for Xmas music, two local radio stations went to 24hr Xmas music on November 1.

Did you ever know you were my here-o - Better Midler

Anything by Styx

That Pina Colada song

Jesse’s Girl - Rick Springfield

Ashlee Simpson, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Mariah, Christina, Shakira, Britney

Something about Hot like me by the Pussy Cat Dolls (WTF?) or is that the one by aforementioned Ashlee Simpson?