Sopranos 5/7 - getting better

Good call indeed. I can’t even imagine it being any other way.

My vote for best line goes to Tony in Melfi’s office “You know my feelings, every day is a gift…It just doesn’t have to be a pair of socks.”

I wish they would show more of Melfi this season.

Melfi? This character should have been written off a long time ago. There is NO point to the therapy sessions anymore - they’re a boring waste of time. The only thing that was ever interesting about the therapy sessions was the attraction between Tony and Dr. Melfi - and that’s been gone for a long time.

Lorraine Bracco is a terrible actress, possibly the worst on the show. And that includes Robert Iler, who people trash constantly but does a fine job playing an unlikeable character. Bracco’s dialog is consistently cringe-inducing.

I actually enjoyed the Melfi character when they showed her with her son and more of her personal life.

Anybody else notice the pole dancer “go down” on Chrissy at The Bing just after he announced his nuptuals?

The whole thing is more of a metephor for Tony’s malaise.

He in that moment is living vicariously through her in that scene. She got on the ride and was hurt but, seemingly, still craves the thrill even though it is dangerous.

Everyone offered her gifts and candy, but she is only happy when Tony steps in to gives her the ride, Almost tossing her in the air.

Damn, I swear I didn’t walk out of the room, but somehow, I missed the “Brownie” line. Can someone give me the setup for that?

And I’m with you, Ellis Dee - the whole spiral into a binge is getting old.

Tony says it to Paulie regarding his handling of the festival. A lack of funding led to the teacup ride crashing.

I swear I saw the scene when he told Tony, but if no one else does then I must be crazy. I was terrified that Tony was going to drop the kid or something, seriously.

That scene with Tony and Chris in Tony’s basement was a very good scene. I can see why David Chase was reluctant to cut it out of Long Term Parking.

Good thing he thought of a way to bring it back.

And the line was said while at Christophers bachelor party. Tony and Paulie were both taking a leak.

Does anyone what that song was that was playing during Chris’ lonely dog segment?

Damn it, I remember looking up that song because I didn’t know it either. Now I can’t remember the title- I recall something about dolphins in the words, though, so I’ll keep poking around.

It’s “The Dolphins” by Fred Neil. I didn’t recognize who was covering it - it’s covered pretty regularly. (For example, Linda Ronstadt had a hit with it).

And as always, I lose out by trying to find the lyrics. Here they are.

Turns out HBO actually tells you what songs were played in each episode, scene by scene. Very cool. They say that they used Neil’s version of the song.