Sorry got to vent

AAAUAUAUAAUAUGGGGGGGHHHH!!!

ok…heres why I am a slithering mass of anger right now. I collect comic books, more importantly, I collect everything that Frank Miller has ever produced (a real talent I assure you). Last September, I got a life wish to meet the man personally in a drawing where he personally signed things for about 50 people (out of something like 2000). I got him to sign 3 things, a poster, a comic book, and a limited edition Heavy Metal Magazine where he did the cover.
Anyway, come today I had framed the poster the comic book, and was going to frame the magazine today. I went out and purchased the frame and mounting case and was looking forward to framing and hanging it. So I get home and my girlfriend wants food and says she will mount it for me while I am out. I go out and come back with food and scream. She has RIPPED THE COVER OFF THE MAGAZINE AND MOUNTED THAT, therby making it both worthless and hard to find (impossible with a signature). This is like having a painting and cutting out a part of it. I am still in a state of shock.
Look, I know she did it on accident and she feels real bad about it. But I am beyond the pale right now, because this was a real real personal treasure to me. I just cannot believe that someone who knows what comic book collecting is all about could do something like this.

Look, I just needed to vent. I am not mad at her. I am optimistic in finding another copy and even getting Mr Miller to sign it but as the saying goes, the best way to work through a crisis is to talk about. Sorry about talking your ear off.

Heath, oh man, that hurts. I’m sorry, but it sounds like you’re on the right track already. Good to hear that you’re still speaking with the voice of reason. I wish I could be that controlled. She obviously wanted to do something for you, messed it up and it sounds like she has seen the err of her ways. Continue to do what you’re doing. Tell us about it, hit a punching bag and then go back and let her know that you know it was an accident. She probably feels horrible about it.

“Teaching without words and work without doing are understood by very few.”
-Tao Te Ching