Space Shuttle Endeavour's California Flyover & Final Flight,This Thursday Morning

A San Francisco tv station is carrying the feed here; they say it’s live.

What happened? Suddenly it’s on the ground?

Edit: We’ve been hoodwinked! Now they say it’s been delayed one hour due to fog.

They’re just cycling previous clips. Not live at all.

It would be nice if they included some commentary to clarify things.

NASA’s twitter feed says the shuttle just hit Sacramento a couple of minutes ago.

This is a live video; don’t know how long the feed will last.

OK, I found mt spot: an overpass over Central Expy near Moffet Field. Big crowd. I hope it turns out to be a good vantage point.

Well, I saw it…sort of.

I’m in Rancho Cordova, about 20 miles east of downtown Sacramento. From here, we could see a big white blob with a small white blob on top of it!

It left Sacramento about 10:00, so it should be arriving in the Bay Area any minute now

A twitterer reports from listening to ATC feeds that it’s supposed to fly over the tower at Oakland’s airport at 10:20 PDT.

Over the SF Bay now. If you’re in the Bay Area reading this…stop and go outside!

Okay, the Golden Gate Bridge flyover was pretty awesome. Should be on its way to Moffett now.

That was awesome. My overpass had a great, close view. I’ll post some pics when I get home.

I’m in a skyscraper in downtown San Jose, and we had a great view of it flying over (or nearly over) the Shark tank. Lovely sight.

I found a station in LA that has live coverage here.

Ah, here we are. A few pictures from near Moffett Field.

(Isn’t it nice to have a 300mm lens?)

They’re back to regular news now; the shuttle is due in about an hour.

Nice pics! (And yes, I’m jealous!) :smiley:

It just came into view at Malibu.

Saw it from Burbank! Pretty neat.

I’ll get my downtown LA photos uploaded shortly.