Spaghettios dusted with stravecchio parmesan: High/low cuisine collision

Slumming for something for lunch today, I nuked a can of spaghettios, then noted the only parmesan I had on hand was a really premium 4 year old stravecchio. Lacking a green can of Kraft, and not wanting to go without, on it went.

It sure raised the quality of spaghettios, that’s for certain. :cool:

Of course, it lowered the tone of the cheese, too. :mad:

Anybody else mix the High with the Low when it comes to food?

The secret of my bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed smoked jalapenos is a slice of Prosciutto di Parma.

I got some fat sea scallops for my dad on Fathers Day but we had enough food so I brought them home. I cooked them (seared on white-hot cast iron) a couple days ago but the only thing I had to go with them was some Lipton Steak Fajita ‘Rice’ that I bought during a moment of weakness.

It drives me nuts to see my buddy pour expensive fine bourbon or scotch on the rocks and top it off with Coke.

I thought Spagehttios already had cheese mixed in with the sauce? :dubious: :confused:

Spaghettios ingredients: Contains Less than 2% of: Enzyme Modified Cheddar Cheese (Cheddar Cheese [Cultured Milk, Salt, Enzymes, Calcium Chloride], Water, Disodium Phosphate).

I’m from Wisconsin. So it inherently had inadequate quantities of cheese to begin with. I mean, less than 2%??? :dubious:

Besides, I don’t trust their enzymes.

A friend told me he enjoyed expensive pâté de foi gras topped with French’s mustard, on white bread.

<<shudder>>

Ketchup with steak!

(OK, for those mentally burning me in effigy, I don’t make a habit of this, but if I’m having steak and fries, I might dip a couple of bites in ketchup for the hell of it).

Hmmmmmmmm. I’d’ve taken a brick of good aged white cheddar and just grated the hell out of it!

“‘Enzyme modified cheese’? ‘ENZYME MODIFIED CHEESE’? Huh! So that’s the kind of fancy talk y’pick up from yer friends over in the Nutrition Lab!” :wink:

Guilty as charged.

I’ve got a 10 pound block of 6 year old cheddar in the fridge, that I’m saving for a ‘special’ time.

I will sacrifice one of my 13 year old half pound cheddars next time, though.

What a man does with his cheese in his ‘special’ time is between him and his cheese.

StG