Special Movie Trivia: Identify the movie from this scene description.

*a man and a woman haggles over the price of contact lenses *

Is that "He said, She said?

dougie_monty #2 "Mystery of the Wax Museum?
these are difficult :slight_smile:

Monty Python and the Meaning of Life

“Reeeedin’ a book, eh? Marchin’ up and down the square not good enough for you, eh? Right! Off you go!”
After having sex with the female lead, the male lead goes to the beach outside her house and starts scrubbing himself raw with sand and seawater.

Little Charlie Heston in The Omega Man, I believe.

Correct.

Sorry, no.

Can I contribute without answering? (Spoonbender proceeds to contribute without answering.)

Spoonbender1: Three Americans receuit a mercenary to raid a military base and free two POW’s who are scheduled for execution. During the mission, an air raid occurs and the POW’s are killed.
Spoonbender2: Two men carrying groceries hop onto a moving train.
**Spoonbender3:**A man nearly falls to his death due to a spelling error.

Gattaca
A respected woman of society appears at the opera, only to be booed by those in attendance.

I think Sublight’s clue was from GATTACA.

Here’s one:

Axe fight in the mannequin storage room!

Righto Baldwin on Eye of the Needle.

re: - A dozen or so men, some in raincoats, surround a pit and stare in gravely.
Hint: A tractor is nearby, ready to cover the pit when they’re through.

Citizen Kane ?

Well, let me carry this leftover from the Jr. board.

• A man saves and then sleep’s with his boss’ mother.

Hud

Good’n Labdad.

Elizabeth, when Walsingham (Geoffrey Rush) is interrogating the priest.

*Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade *(Jahova isn’t spelled with a “J” or something like that)

snow 1: The movie ends as it begins, with the road blowing up under the cars.

snow 2: One rober/hostage taker dies, the other gets to go free courtesy of a pale lizard.

No, I think it’s Dangerous Liaisons.
I can’t think of anything really good. I think I’ll save my turn for later.

Originally posted by käse

[QUOTE]
[D]ougie_monty, [is] #2 “Mystery of the Wax Museum?” *
No; it’s a rather bizarre knock-off of House of Wax, titled Mill of the Stone Women, which I saw in the Torrance Drive-In, in 1963. A miller’s daughter has leukemia; with the help of a local doctor who has lost his medical license, the miller has local girls abducted and killed, and takes their blood to keep his own daughter alive. Naturally, the hero’s girlofriend has just the right blood composition to keep “Elthie” alive indefinitely. But there is a catch: The doctor wants to marry Elthie. The miller refuses to allow this; in the fight that ensues the vial with the vital serum (the hero’s girl is imprisoned but still alive) gets smashed and Elthie, of course, dies on the spot. The miller loses his reason and sets fire to the place; among other things, the rope holding the carousel control burns and snaps in two, causing the wax-coated corpses to roll along the track burning. One of the last shots in the movie is one corpse’s face in flames, and an eyeball falling out. UGH!!

Ewwwww. LOL

Gotta rent that one dougie_monty
:wink:
may I? It’s probably too easy :

A man robs a store, runs for the police with the loot under his arm and gets a lift from a truckdriver who tells him: Boy, You got a panty on your head.

:slight_smile:

Sorry, I missed that one earlier, no it’s not the correct answer (and I think it was in And now for something completely different…. In any case, it was not a British officer in the Monty Python sketch, it was a NCO :smiley: ).

Yes, too easy – Raising Arizona

A quick one from me :

Freddie Prinze, Jr. & Seth Green get a young girl drunk at a party, her father gets really upset and decides to go for a walk outside.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! You are correct!

NDP 3 is Memento.

Still out there: a young Englishwoman washes her mother’s headstone. (Hint: it’s a scene that happens fairly early in the movie.)

I’ll add one more:

NDP 4 - A restaurant manager orders his chef to put the same amount of blueberries in each muffin.