Spell the Name "Lindsay".

**In a way that no post above has. **

I will start.
Lindsay.

Lin Xie (this is an actual person at my office).

Lynszay

Plindsay

Lynndsie

Linze.

Lindsey

Linsey.

Lynnezey

Sorry for starting with not following directions, but I thought this was going to be about how all of a sudden, no one has any freaking idea how to spell this name.

It’s my name, and all of a sudden 80% of people assume it’s LindsEy. Why? Why always assume that? The crazy Lohan who shares my name spells it like me, too. Why isn’t the -ay spelling the default one, with that?

And I get a crap ton of people who hear my name on the phone and say, “L-I-N-S-Y?” What the fuck? Have you not heard the fucking name before? Why would you assume that’s the spelling? Goddamn!

Anyway, to contribute:

Lynzy (which yes, someone spelled my name as before).

George

LinZ

לינדזי

Flax

Linseed. The “d” is silent.

Lynz.

リンシイ

Or, if you pronounce the D…

リンドシイ

Emil Francis Watanabe. The W is silent.

This is actually my name as well, except mine is spelled e-y. I have never, ever, ever in my life encountered someone to spelled it with an E the first time around. I always have to correct people, and even then the number of times people spell it with an A is shocking. Traditionally the e-y spelling is the male spelling ('sup, Lindsey Graham?) and a-y is the female spelling ('sup, La Lohan?). None of which helps me even a whit when spelling my name to folks.

Fucking name. I hate it. Anyway, “Lynnzee.”

Lyndzi