Sports Jerk of the Year

Um, OK, Coldfire, looks like van Gaal did an extraordinarily crappy job as Netherlands coach, but why is he a jerk too?

Because he’s an arrogant bastard who thinks he’s God, his players are little children (unfortunately, he’s kinda right there), the media are all out to get him (his press conferences are legendary. Ask any Ajax or Barcelona fan), and the general public is too stupid to have an opinion about football. Try saying THAT in a country with 16 million national coaches. :slight_smile:

The problem is, he really IS a talented coach. But he failed to deliver, whereas he had top material at his disposal. And now he’s being a whiny little bitch about it.

Is there any particular reason that I’ve never seen Bud Selig and Bill Gates in the same room together?

[sub]And if you look at “Gates” in the mirror and squint your eyes real hard, it even looks like “Selig”.[/sub]

I’m going to go in a different direction and put my vote in for the kid that turned out to be 25 or something that played in the Little League World Series.

No, the kid is still young enough to be innocent, IMHO. (Only 14.) Instead, we should nominate his father and the team’s owner/coach. They knew damned well that Danny Almonte was too old to play Little League.