Sports Trivia!

RJ 5 - What baseball player holds the record for the most games played with one team?
Hank Aaron, albeit in two cities
RJ 6 - That was too easy. What pitcher holds the record for the most games PITCHED with any one team?
Gonna take a wild guess: How about Christy Mathewson, he had well over 500 decisions

AST4- What two men have won Super Bowl rings both as players AND as head coaches?
Mike Ditka and Tony Dungy and Tom Flores
5tC 1 What MLB player made the most outs?

5tC 2 What MLB player went hitless in a season with the most at bats?

5tC 3 Who was the only manager the Seattle Pilots ever had?

If relief appearances count, I’ll go with Jon Smoltz.

Still unanswered:

And some new ones:
R6: What NFL running back has the career record for yards per carry (with over 1,000 carries)?

R7: Fritz Pollard was one of the first two black players in what is now the NFL (then the AFPA). Who was the other one?

R8: Prior to losing to Nadal in last year’s Wimbledon final, Roger Federer had not lost a match at Wimbledon since 2002, where he went out in the first round. Who did he lose to that year?

R6: Jim Brown?
R7: Tank Younger?

Jim Brown is second on the list. Correction - it’s a minimum of 300 carries, not 1,000, and it makes a difference.

Not Tank Younger.

300 is very, very few. Which means it must be either Vick, or somebody who went to UCF who I didn’t know went to UCF.

All my questions have been answered correctly (Rick got 4 of them)- and I’m embarrassed I left out Tony Dungy (I first learned the question before he took to Colts to a championship).

Of course, of the 3, Mike Ditka was the only one who made a real contribution as a player- he scored a touchdown against the Dolphins, and still thinks he should have been the MVP of Super Bowl 6.

Dungy and Flores were benchwarmers, for the most part.

Swine1-The Hammers… the Hammers is the nickname of what English football team?

Swine2- Coventry City last won the FA Cup in what year?

Swine3-Your final question…Who won the Cup Final in 1949?

Right on 3, just barely missed on 4.

Amazing fact: Shaq has made one 3-pointer in his entire career.

No sir. Aaron is second.

For 5tC1, I’m quite certain Pete Rose is the answer.

yes

K…gonna go with the obvious Cal Jr…don’t think Barry Larkin got as many. Who is it?

That’s a pretty close one but also wrong. I’ll give people more time to figure it out but PM you the answer.

RJ 5: Stan Musial?

5tc 2: Dean Chance?

But it could be as many as 999.

Well, sure, but there wouldn’t be someone with that many who averaged more than the running quarterbacks do.

RJ 5, if it isn’t Ripken, has to be… well, I can’t spell it. Yaz.

R8: “Super Mario” the disappointing big Croat?

I can spell it, I think. Y-A-S-T-R-Z-E-M-S-K-I. Just to redeem myself.

I know Paul Robeson played pro football – was it him?

RickJay: Since you said Ripken was “pretty close” for the “most games with one team” guy, I’ll guess another Baltimore infielder – Brooks Robinson.

Greg Maddux?

Not Vick. I worded the question totally wrongly - I was looking for running backs only.

Here’s a clue: He never ran for 1,000 yards in a season.

S1: West Ham
S2: 1974?
S3: Wolves!

Yep.

Nope.

Yep - Mario Ancic.

Was this right for RJ6?