Spring is here!

I think the South will get one more snowfall in late March or early April.

:wink: I agree. It just isn’t very “springlike”.

Do you have a cite for that? By that definition, some places will never know winter (or summer). It doesn’t seem like a very useful definition as far as comparing seasonal variations goes.
Robins are also a pretty crummy predictor of spring – I’ve seen large flocks of them (in New England) during December. They stick around, but tend to stay in the woods where you don’t notice them. However I did see some red wing blackbirds the other day, and the cardinals in my yard are chirping mating songs. But we still have a foot of old snow on the ground, even after a month of generally non-snowy weather and some significant rainfalls. So – precursors to spring, but it’s not here yet.

I’ve seen forecasts for a 10-14" snowstorm next Monday, and there is still at least 3’ of snow on the ground. Looks like I can safely put of spring cleaning for a while yet.

-4 F here.

Going down to -fuckthat’scold tonight.

The good news is, it’s too cold for even the criminals to come out.

“Spring is here!” my ass.

(My initial response to the thread was going to be "Yay! Now we can poison some pigeons in the park!)

Robins are also a lousy indicator here. However, when the violet green swallows show up, spring is here.