St. Paddy's Day - Are you celebrating, have any Irish in ya?

I’m about 1/16th Irish on my mom’s side. I don’t think I’ll be going out that night, as it’s next to impossible to get into a bar or restaurant around here on St. Paddy’s, but I’ll probably wear my “Erin Go Bragh” shirt to work. :slight_smile:

I’m 1/2 Irish. I probably won’t be doing anything though - we usually don’t celebrate it.

I will cook my usual delicious corned beef and cabbage dinner. I’ve invited a few friends over to help me eat and down some Guinnes and Jameson’s and watch “The Quiet Man” and “Darby O’Gill and the Little People”.

Funny I was just realizing last night that this meal is about as important to me as Thanksgiving.

I’ve got Irish hereditaritylessness-stuff, but not recently. It’s far back. However, I’m named Patrick and I’ll be damned if I am not going to celebrate this. Hopefully with a group of friends, we’ll see how the plans progress.

I’m 3/4 Irish. I’ll be drinking Guinness. You know, just like every other day. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got no Irish in me, but I’d like some. <snerk>
(Come on, I can’t believe I’m the first to make that joke.)

Anyway, everyone’s Irish on that day. We’ll be having some corned beef and wearing something green, that’s about it, but hey, it’s fun!

How you dooooin :wink:

100% from Portlaoise (our motto: wait, there’s more than a big ole prison here!)

I’m working at an Irish bar on Paddys so it will be ever so much fun ::dubious::

We are lucky in Chicago to have such good Irish music so I’m catching that this week. I saw Tim O’Shea and Jonathan Roche last night and I’m sure I’ll see some more before the week is out.

I hate the air of superiority some Irish take on St. Patrick’s day (pretty hard to avoid it in Chicago) so we will be staying home, as usual.

The wife and I will be celebrating - it’s our anniversary. And yes, she’ll have some Irish in her by the end of the night. :wink:

I think I must have some Irish blood in my veins due the last names of both my grandfathers, but damned if I know how far back it is. Anyway, I’ll celebrate by drinking Jameson and maybe Guinness, so it’ll be a lot like other friday nights.

My mother claims there’s some “English, Scots, and Irish” blood in her, and thus in me, but I don’t know the names of any of my putative Irish ancestors – Mom’s not even sure if the Irish were “Scots Irish” (Protestants from Scotland who settled in Ireland) or Catholic natives of the “Old Sod”. If the subject ever comes up, I say I’m 1/64 Irish, knowing that the correct fraction can’t be more than 1/32 in any case.

I may happen to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day, but not a leprechaun ensemble or anything of similar ostentatiousness, and I won’t mark the occasion by eating corned beef or getting drunk. If I happen to be at a restaurant that serves beer, I might order a Guinness, but that’s one of my favorite brands anyway.

Incidentally, if you’re ever in the Indianapolis area and feel like immersing yourself in a somewhat Hibernian environment, I recommend the Claddagh Irish Pub. The “Claddagh Catch” is a tasty, filling meal – a cod sandwich and potatoes, but miles above the “fish and fries” you can get at any fast-food place.

I’ll likely wear my green Jonathan Richard newsboy cap and (weather permitting) Donegal tweed jacket, and bring home a couple Bottles o’ Bass or suchlike for the da (currently sharing the digs), who likes to cook up a little CB&C on the day.

The bandwagon stupidity of this holiday makes me want to wear orange.

I’ll be sitting around outside on the deck.

Despite looking Irish, I’m not. But most of my friends are at least a fraction so I’m sure we’ll be celebrating. Of course, our usual weekend hangout is an Irish bar anyway. I wont be wearing green even though it looks very good with my red hair. I know for a fact that all the people assuming I’m Irish because of my coloring will annoy me so why enhance the look? Anyone have a “Kiss me, I’m Ukranian” pin?

I’m a quarter Irish, so I’ll see if I can skive off work a bit and pick up a crate of Guinness on Friday. Sláinte, mo cairde! :slight_smile:

…You know, some people might genuinely want to celebrate their Irish heritage on an (almost-official) national holiday. Just saying.

I’m roughly 1/4th Irish, and I haven’t a clue as to how I’m going to celebrate it.

shirt sez: “Make love to me, I’m not Irish”? :smiley:

Good! wear Orange, after all it is a colour on the Irish flag. the green, white and orange represent “the hands of all Irish nationalists, catholic, protestant and dissenter, not clasped, but clenched in heroic brotherhood”.

Personally, I shall be mostly drinking and giving directions to american tourists.