Starting right NOW, how long could you go without spending any money?

Let’s see. I don’t eat lunch so, aside from gas for the car, quite a long time> I have lots of food at home. Considering the car, i just filled it up on the way home, and only one day of classes left, so no work beckons. Maybe three weeks? I am probably the only one here that rarely carries money. All i ever buy is gas, and I credit card that.

At least a month, though the last few dasys the food will not be as good as at the first of the month. I’d be down to the random canend vegetables I have. The biggest problem would be no protein. I have a couple frozen chicken breasts, a can of tuna, and i think that might be it for meat. But still, with the amount of canned soup and ramen I have (I keep buying it out of habit (I only graduated from college last year) but never eat it.) I can last at least a month. I can very easily walk to work (about a quarter mile away.)

I’ve been 6 days without spending any cold hard cash or debiting.

I have paypal’d, but that doesn’t count in my book as that is my ebay sales money to blow like monopoly mula.

8AM tomorrow morning cause that’s when I have to pick my car up from the mechanic. Since I have no car right now, I’m at the mercy of my friendly coworker so I can’t stop and buy groceries. If I had a car right now, I’d be shopping in about 35 minutes.

On the plus side, my A/C compressor is NOT shot so the repairs will only cost be about $300 instead of the $800-$1000 I was expecting. On the even plussier side, the wiring fault that caused my A/C to have issues is also what caused the check engine light to come on. So, I wont have to get anything else fixed in a week! So I don’t mind so much that I have to spend money tomorrow morning.

No time at all, I have the lights on, I just got a glass of water, and the AC is running. :frowning:

Um…not that long. There’s hardly any food in the apartment (we’re going grocery shopping tonight) and my bus pass is good until tomorrow. I just bought a WoW gamecard today though, so I’m good there for over two months. And yes, that is a necessity :smiley:

I need clarification: am I attempting to maintain my current lifestyle, or am I going as long as possible as though my life depended on it and consequences be damned, for like a million dollars a week or so my family won’t get killed or something? If the former, I could scrounge food for a few days and last until the car ran out of gas. The latter, I could go for much, much longer.

If we had to, the wife and I could go about a month without making a transaction. It’s summer, so I am on vacation. The wife telecommutes. There is a full tank of gas in the truck, better than a month-worth of food in the house, and…Holy Crap! We’re out of beer!

5 minutes, maybe. How far is the liquor store from here?

Under normal circumstances, probably a few days at least.

Right now, though, only one day, as i’m off to New York tomorrow for a 10-day visit.

Approximately 12:03 - 12:04pm Friday next. That’s when I have to go back to work after a three week break, and I’ll be catching the 12:06 train, so I’ll need a ticket. Until then, there is no compelling reason to leave the house, and I have enough food to get by.

In reality, I’ll probably potter up to the shops to buy a six-pack of beer this evening.

If my sister weren’t coming for the weekend, I could go until August 1, when I will be spending more money than I ever have in my life. I bus to work on a free bus pass, I work with food, so I could eat for free and I have a well-stocked pantry and a bunch of multi vitamins to make up for nutrition lapses. If not for the buying a condo thing, I could actually go longer, but boredom would probably make me drive somewhere and although I just filled my car, after about 300 miles of boredom, I would have to get gas. IRL, I won’t have to spend anything until the middle of the month when my phone bill will be due. I already paid all my beginning of the month bills.

Until tomorrow evening, when I have to buy a new bus pass and pay rent.

Two, three months, presuming I actually get some money, then.

If not, until I get a new job.

Living with parents == good.

I got 20 bucks 'till next month. I’ll spend that on Colt 45"s in a few days. That count?
I’ll Spend nothing for 25 days.

I can and do go days, sometimes several weeks at a time, without spending any cash (except for bills acruing like phone, etc.).

I’ll start now and I’ll post again when I spend any money.

It’s 5:40pm now, 29 June 2005.

Well, I’m planning on seeing a movie in an hour, but if I chose to skip the movie and go straight home, I still have bills to pay, but if you don’t count checks I’m sending in the mail (it’ll take a few days to cash), then I still have to deal with the toll on the bridge on my way to work tomorrow morning–although, technically, that is already paid for by FastTrak, so I could probably get through most of tomorrow, though my wife would probably expect me to take her out to dinner and a movie tomorrow night, but if I persuaded her to “stay home” (wink, wink) then it is conceivable that we could get through the weekend if we decided to clean the house and work in the yard instead of doing some more commercial, so to speak.

If you don’t count FastTrak, I think I could probably go a week…

Tomorrow we have to get all the shopping and bill paying done for the next few weeks because our tag will expire on the car and we have a few weeks until we can get the new one.

I’ll last until I’m too hungry not to go out and buy something (probably lunch tomorrow). I don’t cook or keep food in my apartment, I always fetch something on the way back from work. So put me down for half a day from now.

Well I work from home, so I don’t have gas problems. Normally I’d say a day because I buy meat and vegetables daily. But I just bought 20 cans of tuna, so I could probably go three days. After that I would be out of cigarettes, then people would start dying.

Considering I don’t have my license (for this exact reason) and I live with my parents (lazy teenager), I could probably go for months without spending any money. In fact, I usually do, except for recently I’ve been doing some things that require a little transaction.

Probably also is due to my frugality and my inability to get a job.