[QUOTE=Cartooniverse]
Just to play devil’s advocate here. What makes the library think they can ban any ONE person from making use of the free books on the cart out front? Couldn’t that man just as easily say, " You cannot ban me from taking some books, while you allow Joe Schmo or Janey Brainey to take books. I live here. I pay identical municipal taxes, a part of which goes to the budget for the town library."
I do agree that what he did was pretty skeevy. But just as a D.A. may be hard pressed to do something, your library will be equally hard pressed to prove that you have the right to selectively give way free books that were for all intents and purposes a part of a library system that is supported by the taxes paid by The Schmuck.
Just a thought.
Or, to put it another way, what about someone who gets something through Freecycle, then sells it on eBay for $ 200.00 ? Do the owe Freecycle some cash? Do they owe the former owner of the item cash? I doubt it.
Cartooniverse
[/QUOTE]
Okay, so after bitching about paying for this board, I coughed up 15 bucks and am a subscriber.
Anyhoo. I don’t understand your point. Surely the library has retained a semblance of property rights, even though they are a government organization.
I can stroll through the front door without a shirt, smoking a cigarette, in bare feet, demanding to take a free book? Cursing blacks, Jews, and homosexuals while burning an American flag, possessing drugs, bomb making material, and preaching Jihad among the infidels?
Waving a gun around with or without a permit, telling everyone that this library is simply an alien conspiracy designed to prevent Christian white males and some Bolivians from achieving our rightful purpose as leaders of the free world telling the undesirable races, religions, and colors to go to the library down the road.
What part of what I said is offensive/allowable to exclude to you?