Stella Immanuel

Stella Immanuel is a physician and believer in demon sperm, hydroxychloroquine and alien DNA.
How did she become associated with Trump?
How on earth does a physician believe nonsense like this?

She became associated with Trump because she said something Trump believes (or believes in promoting). He himself said he knows nothing about her, so he presumably wasn’t aware of her nutty beliefs.

And a physician believes nonsense like this in the same way other people believe whatever nonsense they believe in - physicians are people too and have their own weird ways of looking at the world and weird belief systems.

For real, who would accept her in a group practice? And when does she have time to run a tv evangelical church while standing around in street corners with a bull horn. What about her patients, when does she have time for them?

Trump said she was “…on air along with many other doctors, they were big fans of hydroxychoroquine, and I thought she was very impressive in the sense of where she came, I don’t know which country she comes from but she says she’s had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients, and I thought her voice was an important voice but I know nothing about her.”

You can be a physician and stupid and/or crazy at the same time.

Some of her beliefs seem to me like a computer tech believing that 5 gig can cause cancer.

Moved to Politics and Elections.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

She has very few, because she cures them so quickly!

I’d like to see her credentials, there are some seriously strange beliefs attributed to her. Even if she is a doctor, that doesn’t stop her from being ignorant about many things- case in point Ben Carson.

In case anyone was wondering, Rehoboth Medical Center in Houston, where Immanuel works, seems sketchy in itself.

It doesn’t have a web site, but it has a Facebook page which is off the chain crazy. It would appear the FB page has only been up since April 23, 2020, as that was the date they uploaded their first profile picture, but I could be wrong.

They have an email address info@rehobothmedicalcenter.com but the domain has no MX record so if you tried to email them, you’d not be successful.

The location given for Rehoboth Medical Center on their FB page (6728 Highway 6 S, Houston, TX 77083-1512, United States Houston, Texas 77083-1512) is in a strip mall in Houston. Not a nice lookin’ strip mall but who am I to judge? At the time of the last Google Street View pass-through, the place at the address for Rehoboth Medical Center had a sign that said “Dr. J Medical Care”…nothing about Rehoboth Medical Center.

This lady is CLEARLY off her rocker, and the few conservative idiot friends I still have left on Facebook have posted a link to her speech. The Tea Party loonies who got her to speak with “America’s Frontline Doctors” standing behind her, all maskless, did a great job choosing her. Because the idiots who are sharing and cheering for this video are all up in very fake arms about people who don’t believe a black woman.

This is all a mess.

Also, don’t miss the video from Rehoboth Medical Center, where they show all of their staff wearing PPE (disposable outer clothing and masks) and wiping everything down, and giving instructions on how to get Covid screening from their clinic. They don’t want you to come into the clinic if you might be sick so they’ll meet you in the parking lot.

I don’t see how any of this matches up with Dr. Immanel’s message of “Don’t wear a mask, I can cure it.”

Now I’m obsessed with this lady and this whole charade. Mostly because my two idiot friends re-posted the video (in all seriousness) before it got taken down.

This Daily Beast article is pretty informative. Goes over some of her crazy YouTube video sermons.

She has a Twitter account, and today she doubled down on the demon sperm theory…

Or kills them quickly.

I suggest referring to this principle as “Carson’s Law”.

I like that.

Why not “Carson’s Scheme”?

This kind of pernicious ignorance really makes me want to kick things into corners.

Now that she’s made herself infamous, I very much hope the fucking idiot receives all the attention she so richly deserves.

Ultimately, it comes down to that old saw:

Q: What do you call the person who graduates last in medical school?
A: Doctor

It’s not a terrible part of town and there are plenty of strip mall medical providers. Though in this case, it’s not a great sign. The major hospital groups have their own associated strip mall satellite providers but closer to the hospitals themselves, of which there aren’t any in that particular part of town (which is an odd bit on the far western part of town - closer to the suburbs/city limits, really).

Is belief in a supernatural cause of disease grounds for a medical board to lift a license to practice medicine?

More importantly, how on earth does the supposed “Most Powerful Man in the World” believe this?