Still waiting for Spring in the MMP

Howdy all. Rain finally stopped late last night, but the temperature is down to 40F (it was over 80F this past Tuesday) so there were no soccer games today. More rain is the the forecast for this evening.

Did at least get dressed and got out of the house for several hours, helping pass out uniforms for soccer players, then came back home and watched the Manchester Derby (soccer game in England between two teams based in Manchester). Great game and now I must do dishes and sweep the house.

Nut, it could have been worse; you might have ended up forming an opinion of America by stopping at LaGuardia airport (frankly, none of the New York area airports are much fun, but LaGuardia’s the worst. IMHO).

Think I need some sustenance as breaking fast was early this am. We shall see. Also need a haircut, which I hate ($13.50 for about 5-7 minutes work on my nearly-bald head).

All y’all take care.

We et an early sup as we didn’t really do N.O.L. Ham pot pie is good! My friend came by to get the one she is takin’ to her sister. Hope they enjoy! The rain stopped and now it’s just cloudy and dreary out. A good day to be inside IMO.

Sunny hope Pooka is feelin’ better. ::skritches::

We did a fairly early supper, too. Italian breaded chickie nuggies, instant smashed N.O.T., and tiny peas. Carrot cake later. Dishwasher is washing now. It’s been a good day!

At least inside, it’s been good. Outside it’s still dreary, tho it hasn’t rained much. Supposed to drop below freezing tonight. I want my spring, dammit!!!

Don’t we all.
Snow in Fayetteville, Northern Arkansas. Weather Underground claimed we had “mixed”, snow and rain yesterday in North Little Rock, but I never saw a flake. I moved the plants outside last week, expecting Spring for real. Something outside did eat all the bugs sucking on my taro plants inside, so as you are given to say, “there’s that”. :slight_smile:

Taro, the water garden plant from the famous aquatic nursery, Kroger.

Nuts, tis a shame you didn’t know; Macy’s (a big dept store chain over here) sponsors a spectacular fireworks show in NYC on July 4th to celebrate our (collective) divorce from you.
Bumba, iffn you have a spare bedroom, & give me enough advance notice, I might just come out for a local (to you) race.

Mooommm, can you play cat?

Given what you named him, that one’s on you.
Dinner has been made/assembled & et; twas very good. Homemade Corned Beef Specials & an Elliot Ness special; the 9.7% version. Also got a homemade bottle of extremely hi-test limoncello from my friend in New Joisey this morning. Lack of sleep (I didn’t go to bed until “this morning” & it was the 4am hour when the alarm said, GET UP!!!), & high powered alky haul; I expect an early night. :o

It’s snowing. Teensy tiny flakes and it won’t accumulate or last very long, but, yeah, snow.

And still no babby.

Had a fun day yesterday. One former co-worker was in to visit from Japan with his new (to us) wife and after work another guy who went to work in a far distant part of Da Jungle (St Louis) came to visit and food and beverages were shared at our favorite dive. Today was getting up at 6am to go to the forest to look over things and plan this years history event. I am tired and am working one shift tomorrow but all in a good way.

I’ll drink to that!!!

But then again there are few thing I won’t … OK, maybe Flytrap but other than that …

On second thought I’ll even drink to him.

{{{Pooka}}}

metal mouse, my first exposure to NYC was LaGuardia airport when I was 17 years old. I was with a student group going to Europe and we flew from O’Hara to LaGuardia, took a bus to JFK and then into Paris Orly East. I remember how run down it looked compared to teh other airports. I haven’t flown in or out of there since, so I don’t know if they’ve upgraded.

It took three hours to do the install for the new printer because I couldn’t find my WiFi password. Fifteen minutes navigating the phone tree and on hold, forty five with a CSR and voila! I can now print. I have everything in it’s now place in the studio now and just might play with a project tonight.

Yeah, that’s why two World Wars were so much fun. :dubious:

Home from the game, and in dry clothes. The owner showed up at our tailgate.:cool:

Pretty much

Actually, we took off at about sunset, so the one good thing about that stop was watching loads of fireworks out the window. One of the coolest things I’ve seen from a plane.
Off to a plant show today. Apparently this place is really nice, but it can get a bit boggy if it’s been raining. It’s actually lovely and sunny at the moment, but we’ve barely had a dry bay in weeks. Bets on us needing rescue by a tractor…

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 47 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 67 and mostly cloudy for the day. Rain is supposed to show up tonight, tomorrow, and Tuesday. We shall see. Plans for the day are to deheathenate, I have ush duty, eat up the leftover ham pot pie for N.O.L., and sloth. Sounds like a good plan to me!

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Purtification for deheathenization must also commence at some point.

Happy Sunday Y’all!

Another night of weird dreams. Among other things, I was cooking a half a cup of N.O.T. for my former boss. And poor **FCD **- he had a rough time sleeping because he’s worrying about our daughter. But at least there’s no snow out there. And we might get all the way up to 50° today!!!

Happy Sunday. Send chocolate!

Happy Sunday!

The sun is shining but it’s a freezing 28 degrees outside.
Poor kitty was outside all night, and he was hauing ass for the door when I opened it this morning.

It’s going to be another busy day today.
Hopefully nothing like yesterday where there was one frustration after another in getting stuff done.
It doesn’t help that I have a sty on my eye, it hurts.

I should go grocery shopping today but I don’t feel like going out.
It supposed to get up into the 70s later this week. That is agood time to go out.

Up, breakfasting, caffeinating and fixing to purtify to go heathenate. Lunch with the heathens after that, then home for Sunday chores and chill time.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today.

Up, holy, breakfast done and getting ready for work. Other than that not much of anything.

Just started a pot roast for supper. I may have to go get more carrots, but I’ve got everything else I need. I also finished an afghan and started another.

Still no babby…

Up, consuming coffee, and adapting to consciousness.

What is the news on your FCD, Mooommm? Are they still saying labor has started, or did the contractions stop?