Still waiting for Spring in the MMP

It’s April 2. Some people are getting snow today. Our area is forecast to be below freezing for lows by the end of the week.

WTF happened to spring??? Who’s screwing with the weather?? What will it take to set things right. NEED ANSWER FAST!!

Happy Moanday.

First! It’s good to be juvenile! :smiley:

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 53 Amurrkin and cloudyish out with a predicted high of 84 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Spring done sprung in south Jawja! Today I get to look at tile samples for bathrooms. WOOHOO! Also I shall spiff da cave a bit. We shall sup upon leftovers from yestiddy. Thus beginneth my week.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then I suppose I should purtify bein’ as I am to go about the public.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Second.

Remember what special day today is…Cheep Chawklit Monday! Now go forth & procure.
Speaking of chawklit & leftovers, Mooommm, given what you brought home testify is you having chawklit covered ham for dinner?
As for tonight…Go Nova!

Cold here too. Yesterday never broke 32. I am not amused.

Yeah, not impressed at the standard of ‘spring’ this year. I have 2 weeks off, and at the last check, it’s supposed to rain every day this week, and next week’s not looking promising either. Supposed to be going to a flower show this weekend, already decided I’m going with a friend 'cos her car has 4WD, and we’ll probably need it to get out of the car park 'cos it was already so muddy. Looking at the actual forecast though, we might need to borrow a boat instead…

Debating going on a cheap chawklit hunt, but it’s wet (what a surprise!), and the place most likely to have some is too close to drive to without feeling incredibly lazy, but far enough that I’d get pretty soaked if I walked. There is some other stuff I could do with picking up as well though, so I probably should just get on with it…

Was just watching a stand-up show on TV, then was inspired by a mention in it of something obscure to Google the answer, only to end up right here on the SDMB where there was a thread asking the same question from 2011, and halfway down the page included a post from me, which I have no memory of ever writing.

Bat boy, I’m not a good bet to remember what I posted here last week, remembering something from 2011…

56F this morning, heading for the mid-70’s so it appears that spring is officially underway in N. Ali-bama. So is the rain, thunder-boomers are predicted this afternoon and throughout the week, so take the bad with the good, I guess.

Need to make myself presentable and go to the bank (get money) and the grocery store (spend money) while the weather is still nice.

Shop jam packed, like someone sighted another snowflake in the distance, and the chocolate aigs weren’t even marked down (I wasn’t the only disappointed one either).

On the plus side, the rain’s stopped for now.

I have procured some cheap chawklit and looked at tiles for the bathroom. Go Me! I’m startin’ with the guest bathroom. The idea is to put in a tiled shower, tile the floor, redo the countertop, update the light fixtures, take out all the wallpaper and paint the walls light gray, and get a new terlet cause I want a high boy in there just like we put in the master bath. I envision the same thing for the master bathroom. We shall see. BTW in case I have not mentioned this, the overall plan is to redo da cave, put OYKW’s house on the market (with some paintin’ and updatin’ done beforehand) and he’ll move in da cave permanently. We shall become the old grey couple in the 'hood. :smiley:

Happy Moonday!

It’s a cloudy, chilly day.
We are supposed to get snow tomorrow.

So much for spring around here.

No chocolate either except for some mini peanut butter cups, which I can’t eat.
How does one become allergic to peanuts after eating them their entire life?

AT&T installed some new pain in the ass app on my phone and no matter how many times I confirm that I don’t want it, it just keeps on popping up.

I overslept this morning, waking just in time to log in to irk.
That makes for an unpleasant morning, disturbs the routine, and Ripple has been a brat because he didn’t get his breakfast on schedule. He has food in his bowl, so it’s not like he will starve, but he is used to an omelet with his food in the morning.
Spoiled brat.

I have too much going on lately, mostly just bullshit stuff, but it needs to be done.
I have to start my taxes. I’m afraid to look, who knows what the damage will be this year?

swampy, I was wondering why you and OYKW maintained separate residences, especially all you seemed to do at his place was yard work. So up until this point, you needed to observe that he was showing proper respect for your kitchen and grill and such? :smiley:

Lunch time. I soooooooooo need this day to be over. I have to stop on the way home for bread and milk and cereal. I already told **FCD **today is grab-whatever for supper. I will try to stay awake till 8, but who knows… Mel is on the schedule at 7.

Is it Firday yet??

We need to sacrifice Al and Tipper to Baron Samedi – its all their fault.

That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.

We lost all sense of Spring about 35 years ago when Fall disappeared as well. No more wind-breakers, no more totally changing wardrobes, no more crisp but moderate days that last from sunrise to sunset. Now its more like 40 degree spreads in the same day and going right from highs in the 40s to highs in the 80s and back to the 40s in the same week. The OW loves rollercoasters but not so much this particular one.

I blame Asimovian. HE moved to this area, and now look what happens!!!

Who let the riff-raff in??? Sheesh… :stuck_out_tongue:

I just got a call from the school district because my daughter is not enrolled and they want to do a home visit. The thing is she is enrolled and she’s at school. I took her myself and they call me if she’s not there. They are not answering the phone either so I can explain this amazing fact. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Both?

Other than that, I have deposited both children at school, picked up prescriptions from the drugstore, and bought pet food. I feel like Mooomm. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love Riff Raff!!!

‘Round here it’s good news/bad news. On the plus side, the azaleas, wisteria, daffydills and dogwoods are bustin’ out in blooms. On the minus side, the pine pollen has everything coated in a thick layer of yellow dust.

Did my banking, ate lunch at Jimmy Johns’ (the staff there knows me so well they start preparing my sammich and ringing me up soon as I walk in the door), got the car washed and did the April grocery shopping (no chocolate). Now chillage for a bit but the weather is clear so soccer practice with the boys is in the offing.

Rain is forecast on-and-of this week and that’ll drop the highs back into the 50’s and 60’s, but it 73F right now so I’ll enjoy it while I can.

Sunny, she’s not playing hooky , is she? Seems that the teacher would be able to fill in that paperwork correctly…

Sari, your dog gets an omelet for breakfast and he’s spoiled? Physician, heal thyself…

swampy, kinda wondered when you and OYKW would finally get serious about that relationship you’ve been having…:wink:

Home at last. I got my groceries and made it into the garage without crashing into anything or anybody. Dunno what I’ll have for supper, but it won’t be anything complicated. I should have stopped at the Chinese restaurant - I suddenly want wonton soup. Oh well.

We have supped and made the leftovers, except for some ham, go away. The remainin’ ham shall be made into a ham pot pie. It’s supposed to rain on Wednesday so I might make some ham 'n N.O.T. or ham 'n bean soup. Hmmm… why not ham, bean, and N.O.T. soup! I feel inspired!

As to OYKW and I, what we decided is that we’re both gettin’ older, don’t need two houses to keep up, and we’d just as soon annoy each other as anyone else, so we shall shack up. Who knows, down the road we might get hitched. Like they say, you always annoy the one you love. :smiley: