Stormy Daniels probably needs a new attorney. (Michael Avenatti arrested. Again.)

It seems that the Southern District of New York is capable of multitasking when it comes to high profile cases. Michael Avenatti has been charged with attempting to extort $25 million from Nike. In a tweet this morning, Avenatti said

(twitter sic) He was arrested 2 hours after his tweet.

The Central District of California is also pursuing unrelated wire fraud allegations.

He’s had other run-ins with the law but got out of a domestic abuse charge in LA.

I’m no lawyer but I think he’s going to need a good one. He should consider Rudy Giuliani. He should have a little more free time now and he has experience dealing with the SDNY.

LOL see what happens in the soverign district of new york. Chuck Roades is out and Billy Connerty is in and now this.

Why, what happened to Clark Brewster?

I hadn’t seen that.

Here’s an infographic from the SDNY Twitter feed.

This will be at least as much fun as Jeff Bezos v. National Enquirer!

That leaves me a little unclear on one point. Was Mr. Avenatti fucking around with this, or not?

AVENATTI: “[have you] held the balls of the client in your hand where you could take five to six billion dollars market cap off of them?”

So, is the press conference tomorrow still on?

I don’t see why not. He made bail.

:confused:

I thought it was his client, Ms Daniels, who held guys’ balls in her hand?

:smiley:

He’s released another tweet storm implicating Nike. If nothing else, the guy’s got balls of steel.

I blame Nike for ruining College Football. Screw 'em!

Stormy Daniels fired Michael Avenatti a while ago, actually.

I didn’t get the memo until post #3.

Update: Mr. Avenatti has been indicted again, this time for defrauding Stormy Daniels and stealing her book advance.

https://twitter.com/HashtagGriswold/status/1131265764445569024

Like so many other things in her life, when it came to picking an attorney, Sweet Miz Stormy blew it.

The letter from the SDNY announcing the indictments.

Is he still a popular dark horse for president? These stickersseem a little out of date.

Perhaps Avenatti ran for President because he knew that was the only thing which could prevent him from being indicted?