Story ID -- Cube on the Moon

One more time… I promise I’ll bookmark this thread.

I asked this before, but I can’t find the thread. Science fiction story about a mysterious cube found on the Moon. A guy goes to the Moon to check it out. He enters and is killed. Fortunately he’s been stored on disc and everything he experiences is recorded. A ‘clone’ of him is sent up and he makes it a little farther into the cube before he is killed. Repeat until one of him eventually figures out and comes out the other side.

Sounds like “Rogue Moon” by Algis Budrys.

Eh. . . you’re kiddin’, right? (about not being able to find it). ETA: Sorry, I’ll leave the comment, but I apologize for getting close to Snarkdom.

That’s it. Thanks.

I tried googling, but couldn’t find it. It didn’t come up in the SDMB search, and Search is so clunky I only tried it once. What did you use for parameters?

First, I used your id for “threads started by,” then I made a big leap of faith, that it would probably be answered rather quickly and have few responses. So, I looked for a maximum of 4 or 5 (not sure which) responses, and just sifted thru for a thread title that looked close.

:smack:

I just tried my original search (posts by me in Cafe Society, keyword = moon) and I found the title. I must have skimmed right by it.